|Date Posted:||May 9, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 21, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Management,Accounting/Finance ,Social Science ,Sales/Marketing|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1Year & 6 Months|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About World Vision International :
The World Vision Afghanistan (WVA) has been working in Badghis, Herat and Ghor provinces for more than10 years addressing health, education and livelihood and protection issues to improve the well-being of girls and boys. The relationship with the Afghanistan government at the national, provincial, district and village levels is very strong, as is the relationship with the communities in which WVA works. Together with the government and the communities in the target areas, WVA has been working to achieve its national strategy for improving the survival and well being of Afghan girls and boys through building the foundation for a better future for them, their families, and their communities.
Note:Subject to donor's approval
This is a full-time, grant-funded Cash Officer position based on Qala-i-Naw with regular travels to Qadis district and Qala-i-Naw suburban areas. The officer will be responsible for all cash-distribution related activities under OFDA II project.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Ability to conduct gender sensitive market assessments in the target areas.
- Knowledge of, and expertise in, cash transfer technologies and methodologies, contracting and procurement.
- Good communicator and ability to train other staff to high levels of competency.
- Ability to coordinate multi stakeholder forums and training.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills relevant to development of cash programming strategy
- Good time management and scheduling skills.
- Honesty and personal integrity
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis within the area of intervention.
- Requires emotional maturity and ability to adjust to harsh living conditions.
- Willingness to be based in Qala I Naw Badghis Province.
- Committed to the mission and core values of World Vision.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, networking and negotiation skills, including working in teams in a cross-cultural context.
Duties & Responsibilities:
I. Program Management and Evaluation
- Conduct beneficiary selection and registration, verification and enrolment, through LMMS for food assistance for the most vulnerable HHs.
- Create and develop distribution plans, Final Distribution points, enrol beneficiaries into projects, print cards and generate reports for cash transfer.
- Conduct a gender-sensitive market assessment of target area for cash distributions to identify existing markets and women’s market access.
- Deliver food assistance (cash modality) for 6 months to the most vulnerable HHs according to FSAC food basket to cover food needs.
- Implement any cash distribution related activity under WASH, Livelihood, Nutrition and Food Security components of the project.
- Coordinate closely with the project manager to ensure timely implementation of the project activities.
- Ensure that proper community development practices and “Do No Harm” practices are incorporated and upheld throughout the implementation of the project.
- Travel regularly to all project sites to ensure proper implementation and quality of project activities.
- Responsible for writing project activity report and on time submission
- Maintain excellent working relations with partners and other contractors.
- Ensure project activities are in compliance with government rules and regulations.
- Submission of monthly cash requests for project operations.
- Other tasks assigned by the project officer.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Badghis
- At least two years of experience working with I/NGOs in cash distribution field.
- Work experience in volatile and conflict-affected context.
- The position will travel to remote project locations to implement project activities in Badghis Province.