|Date Posted:||Jul 18, 2010|
|Reference:||V # CSH 033 July 18, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Jul 30, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Counterpart International STEP:
Founded in 1965, Counterpart is a diverse, non-profit, international development organization dedicated to helping people in need in the areas of civil society, private enterprise, environmental resource management, humanitarian relief, and healthcare. We do this by building the capacity of local partner nongovernmental organizations, lenders, businesses, governments and other institutions to solve their own, self-defined economic, ecological, political, and social problems in ways that are sustainable, practical, and independent.
This position is under the direct supervision of the Counterpart International National Finance Manager and will be responsible for all financial process for Counterpart Youth and Civic Education Project.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Management of Petty Cash account.
2. Follow up on travel advances.
3. Obtaining of TIN (Tax Identification Number of the newly appointed staff) and submission of personnel staff taxes to Afghanistan government
4. Follow up and updating of Cash book
5. Preparation of checks to the vendors
6. Manage cash flow according to Counterpart International policy and procedures
7. Review documents for payments and take necessary action for completion in accordance to Counterpart International accounting policy
8. Ensure all payments are made on a timely basis. Ensure all expenditures have proper receipts and is correctly classified
9. Clear cash advances for employees and receive the excess of cash over the expenditure from the employees
10. Photocopy vouchers, bank statement and all other financial documents.
11. Assist the Finance Officer in recording all financial transactions into the journal.
12. Any other duty assigned by the Finance department of Counterpart International
1. Diploma in Accounting, or Business Administration.
2. 1-2 Years of Experience in finance and accounting.
3. Experience in Quick book.
4. Skill and ability of Report writing
5. Proficient with Microsoft Office Software
6. Fluency in English.