|Date Posted:||Dec 1, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Dec 15, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About FINCA Afghanistan:
The Mission of FINCA Afghanistan is to provide financial services to the lowest-income entrepreneurs, so they can create jobs build assets and improve their standard of living.FINCA International is one of the world's leading micro finance institutions, provides financial services to more than One Million clients through 23 wholly-owned and operated subsidiaries in Africa, Eurasia, Latin America and the Middle East and South Asia (MESA) FINCA Afghanistan has over 350 employees and among one of the leading Microfinance providers in the country with its Islamic and enterprise friendly products. It is rapidly growing and is currently operating in Kabul, North and West Regions.
The Cashier will process all transactions related to FINCA Afghanistan’s operating expenses and the loan portfolio, utilizing the excel sheet. This includes the disbursement of loan capital, collection of repayments, issue of cash advances and invoice payments. Cashier will also be responsible for cash handling and book keeping related to operating expense transactions. The Cashier will work with other members of the Finance Department to implement the financial policies and procedures of FINCA Afghanistan. He/she will provide support in other finance areas as necessary.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Process all daily transactions necessary for the disbursal and collection of loans
- Verify that all the loan request documents have been properly completed and authorized before disbursing the capital.
- Ensure fund amount is accurate and verified before disbursement. The proper approval signatures on the voucher must be obtained form both parties, Paid by and Receiver, and the cash amount of the transaction must be confirmed.
- Collect all repayments in a timely manner. Notify the Accountant at the HQ immediately regarding any late payments or miscalculations in repayments.
- Ensure that all vouchers and receipts (credit, fees, and payments) are completed
- Enter all loan portfolio vouchers into the appropriate electronic journal. Check entries for accuracy.
- Reconcile the repayment account daily basis under the supervision of the Accountant.
- Process daily Afghani and US Dollar (only at HQ) transactions to cover operating expenses
- Ensure all transaction documentation is properly filled out and approved.
- Completely review and verify that all transaction vouchers are supported with all necessary information. Ensure that the proper approval signatures are obtained and that both parties sign next to “Paid by” and “Received by” lines; verify cash amount of the transaction
- Enter all operating vouchers into the appropriate electronic journal. Identify the proper account codes for each transaction. Check entries for accuracy.
- When processing expense reports, ensure that the proper approval signatures are obtained and that the necessary receipts accompany the report.
- Perform funds transfers and other banking transactions as necessary.
- Conduct safe reconciliation at the beginning and end of each day.
- Keep proper filling system
Help the accountant prepare monthly financial statements, and other reports according to established format and deadlines. Help month-end closings, including bank and cash reconciliations.
- Ensure that all journals are completed and accurate before submitting to the Accountant for use in monthly reports.
- Help the Accountant verify that all expenses have been accurately classified in the appropriate accounts.
- Be proactive in solving problems that arise in Delta System and trouble-shooting the programs with the assistance of the IT Manager and Accountant
- Help ensure financial and accounting integrity of Finance Department systems.
- Ensure the daily backup of accounting and other files as required by the Finance Manual.
- Maintain knowledge of the FINCA Afghanistan Finance Manual and recommend updates as necessary. Ensure that all procedures are reflected in the Finance Manual.
- Maintain positive communication with other members of the Finance staff and other departments. Keep other Finance staff informed of activities that are relevant to their work.
- High school education.
- Basis knowledge of book keeping.
- Exposure and experience working with numbers and handling cash.
- Fluency in Dari / Pashto; knowledge of English
- Detail-oriented, honest and responsible
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer skills and experience in spreadsheets and database systems desired
- Ability to learn quickly, strong self-training readiness.