|Date Posted:||Jun 20, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Jul 4, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Mutahid Development Finance Institution:
Mutahid (meaning United in local language) Development Finance Institution (MUTAHID) was established on April 1, 2011 and initially three MFIs namely Microfinance Agency for Development and Rehabilitation of Afghan Communities (MADRAC), Parwaz Microfinance Institution (PARWAZ) and Mofad Microfinance Company (MOFAD) were consolidated. Later on, three additional MFIs namely Women for Women International Microfinance Afghanistan (WWI), Ariana Financial Services (AFS) and ChildFund Afghanistan Microfinance Limited (CFA MF) consolidated into MUTAHID. The creation of MUTAHID was an opportunity to combine the best components of these consolidating institutions and to preserve the significant investments made over the last few years, to create one larger, stronger and sustainable, best practice MFI based on the core principles of ethics, ideas and hard work while incorporating the lessons learned from the past. Microfinance Investment Support Facility for Afghanistan (MISFA) is supporting MUTAHID directly by providing direction, capacity building and financial resources and while a division of MISFA is run as a separate autonomous operating entity. The management of MUTAHID is ensuring the orderly and judicial transfer of good clients, quality staff and assets of the consolidating institutions.
The CFO is responsible for the effective operation of the finance department, including ensuring compliance with the financial policies and procedures. As a member of the Senior Management team, the CFO contributes to strategic and operational planning and oversight, and where required leads project initiatives and teams
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. The CFO is responsible for managing and leading the finance department
2. The CFO reports to the CEO and is a key member of the senior leadership team
3. The CFO also supports Mutahid shareholders in managing the financial performance of the company for the benefit of shareholders and in evaluating performance vs. budget plan.
4. The CFO must have a passion for developing, interpreting and maintaining a strong operational performance management reporting process as well as managing a highly functional and efficient accounting operation that has strong internal controls, and produces financial information in a timely and accurate manner.
5. The position provides leadership in the areas of strategic and financial planning, financial reporting budget development/tracking/analysis, cash and credit management, banking relations, tax, budget management, and risk analysis and management
The CFO also serves as a member of several committees such as credit, human resources, procurement and planning.
Minimum of 7 years of finance experience
Graduate degree in accounting or finance. MBA desirable.
Banking or microfinance experience preferred.
History of implementation of technology systems to automate reporting/analysis of business performance preferred
Experience working with annual financial statement audits
Possess strong financial planning and analysis skills
A strong track record in managing people in financial functions
Strong understanding of IFRS and Budgeting concepts
Leadership skills with sound business judgment.
Accuracy Problem solving Organizing Attention to detail
Analytical Planning Managing Troubleshooting
Logical in presenting ideas Written/oral English Mathematics Team work