|Date Posted:||Jan 2, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Jan 15, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||false|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Ministry of Higher Education:
Ensure establishment and building capacity of the universities from the administrative, academic and student affairs aspects to meet the overwhelming student hopes and demands.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Within six weeks of joining he/she shall develop an action plan for revamping the system in accordance with rules and regulations for better quality services delivery and also a work plan in agreement with his supervisor.
2. Membership in the council of the Ministry of Higher Education and develop PRR proposal for the university with support of the Ministry, Faculty members and donors for submitting to the IARCSC.
3. Chairing the University senate and meeting all the university Donors and Partners.
4. Supervising the activity of National Center for Policy Research (NCPR), Center for Policy and Human Development (CPHD) and gender studies institutes operating in Kabul University.
5. Supervising the publications of two academic journals and other publications of Kabul University.
6. Vice-chairman of the board of Independent National Legal Training Center (INLTC)
7. Supervising the Master Degree Programs.
8. Chairing the Executive Board of the IT institute of the Ministry of Communication and IT.
9. Supervising the activities of the University Research Center and the Center for Afghanistan Studies.
10. Overall assessment of the university and consulting with all faculty members, deans of faculties and heads of departments.
11. Consultation with students and finding their expectation and difficulties from and with the university management
12. Develop the strategic plan of the university, translate the strategic plan into projects, develop estimated budget for the project in consultation with parties.
13. Ensure that he/she transfers knowledge and skills to other individuals and working teams in an effective regular manner in order to improve technical ability, motivation and confidence
1. Action plan prepared and implemented
2. The Strategic plan of the university is developed
3. The strategic plan is translated into project.
4. The new organization structure developed
5. The PRR proposal of the university is developed
6. The action plan for implementation of the Strategic plan and PRR is implemented
The Chancellor shall report to both Minister and Deputy Minister for Academic Affairs.
1. A Master degree Arts/Sciences with 7 years of academic working experience (at least five years in management and leadership) and academic rank of Pohand, Pohanwal, Pohandoi or Pohanmal.
2. Good command of the official national languages and English as a foreign language
3. Computer skills, MS office packages, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
2. Good change management and leadership skills
3. experience in situation analysis, assessment, capacity building and system design
4. Energetic, purposeful, aware of the importance of detail, efficient and considerate in the use of resources, reliable and able to act quickly.
5. Significant experience in planning, including the formulation of aims and objectives, with demonstrated ability in setting and managing priorities.
6. Willing and able to guide, support and encourage others in the performance of their duties.
7. Willing to devote his or her out of office time to join with other MCP appointees in developing professional skills in leadership and public service management.
Notice of revision:
These terms of reference may be revised subject to operational needs.