|Date Posted:||Jul 27, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Aug 27, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||7 - 10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||6 months|
About Afghan United Bank:
Afghan United Bank is a local bank, licensed by the Afghanistan Central Bank in 2007. Currently this bank has 27 branches across the country. The bank provides various banking products to its clients and customers including Islamic Banking.
For more information kindly visit: www.afghanunitedbank.com
Chief Compliance Officer will be responsible for performing overall compliance issues, Anti-Money Laundering and KYC-related transaction/high-risk customer monitoring, and for conducting detailed and documented case reviews. He/she will be responsible for compiling suspicious activity and violations of compliance issues.
Requires travel to provinces:
· Strong communication and presentation skills.
· Good skill in Afghan local languages as well English language and computer literacy.
· Proper skill in identifying, judgement and resolving compliance issues.
· Strong analytical, research, planning and organizational skills.
Professional and disciplined.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Exercise prudent judgment and discretion in the process of identifying and resolving problems/issues relating to Anti-Money Laundering or OFAC compliance.
2. Look after complete, timely and accurate LCTR/STR and AML reporting as required by the applicable laws and regulations.
3. Proposes updates and revisions to Bank compliance policies and procedures.
4. Review and analyze compliance monitoring reports / case files and other related source documents for suspicious/unusual patterns of activity.
5. Determine level of suspicious activity analyze recommendation from research team; communicate with departments/branches to obtain any missing information and/or customer response for suspicious activity.
6. Follow up with departments/branches for appropriate action to be taken including account closure for the suspicious activity and prepare a detailed report if warranted.
7. Monitor activities of assigned area(s) to ensure compliance with applicable internal policies and procedures and (external) Da Afghanistan Bank and other international regulations.
8. Liaise and interact with correspondent banks on compliance related issues.
9. Manage the assigned business areas(s) by coaching and counseling branch personnel in an effort to mitigate compliance risk.
10. Interfaces with business, support and external compliance teams and authorities to ensure alert due diligence is completed and mitigates risk to the overall institution.
11. Supervise special compliance reviews, projects and training efforts; act on behalf of Senior Management, as required.
12. Adhere strictly to compliance and operational risk controls in accordance with the Bank and regulatory standards, policies and practices;
13. Report control weaknesses, compliance breaches and operational loss events to the Management immediately.
14. Completes scheduled and ad hoc reports for Bank management on compliance issues.
Other job-related tasks as assigned by the Management.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· Master degree, preferably in Finance, Banking or Management field.
· 7-10 years experience as regulatory compliance in a financial institution.
· Extensive knowledge of financial institution’s policies and procedures.
· Good knowledge of Afghan banking law and regulations.
· Ability to implement and supervise banking regulations.