|Date Posted:||Nov 27, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Dec 20, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||15 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract|
About French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children:
French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children (FMIC) - founded in 2006 is a unique four-party public-private partnership between the Governments of Afghanistan and France, a French NGO – La Chaine de L’Espoir and the Aga Khan Development Network through the Aga Khan University Hospital. The evolution of FMIC from a children’s hospital to an-all-inclusive healthcare facility in 13 years speaks volumes about its growth and impacts. With the availability of 169 beds, modern facilities and above all, well-trained human resources, FMIC has risen to the challenge of charting a course towards sustainable health solutions for Afghanistan. Being the first ISO certified hospital in Afghanistan, FMIC envisions to be a leading institute of excellence and innovation in healthcare, research and education, providing exemplary, safe, comprehensive, accessible, sustainable services to Afghanistan and surrounding regions, while positively impacting the lives of patients and all others whom it serves.
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) will be responsible to provide direction for strategic and operational matters including specialized healthcare, financial, human resources and quality management in accordance with the vision, mission, values and policies of the Institution. S/he will ensure that the implementation of the programme and its growth, direction, quality and impact are realized according to the strategy for the Institution and for a health delivery system in Afghanistan. The CEO will represent the hospital at meetings of the Board, government agencies, donor functions, Aga Khan Development Network forums, and with all other external constituents.
The incumbent is also expected to be a results-oriented senior executive with a proven track record and deep understanding of the entire range of hospital management. S/he will be a positive change agent with a passion for building and designing innovative programmes for the further expansion of the FMIC healthcare services. S/he will also appreciate and passionately support the considerable responsibility for the development of human resources across all disciplines required to deliver high-quality healthcare.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide a strategic direction for the hospital;
- Oversee effective and efficient operational plans, such that volumes continue to grow, staffing is appropriate and supplies and equipment are maintained;
- Develop key strategic objectives which are to be met over the short, medium and long term;
- Identify and address the challenges the hospital will face in the achievement of key strategic goals;
- Develop a financial feasibility plan having multi-year outcomes that achieves sustainability while meeting strategic objectives;
- Develop a strategy for providing new clinical services in line with the overall mission of the hospital;
- Work closely with the La Chaine de L’Espoir (French NGO) and Afghan Governments to provide medical staff, training, other facilities including utilities and patient welfare programme;
- Monitor the service levels to achieve customer satisfaction;
- Provide leadership and problem-solving support to management, employees, healthcare professionals and to patients;
- Market and promote services in line with the mission and vision of the Institute;
- Work regularly to strengthen the health care system by building relationships with other healthcare providers and referring physicians
- Stimulate and initiate strategic alliances with external organizations to provide patient service, health education and research;
- Anticipate the effect of technological advances on the service mix, educational programmes and implement appropriate strategies to address these changes.
· An advanced degree in health care administration (MHA or MSc or MBA) from a recognized university;
· Career which demonstrates a progressive increases in responsibility in a major health care facility;
· Alternatively, a similar level of experience with sound entrepreneurial track record or experience in other international health care organizations.