|Date Posted:||May 23, 2017|
|Closing Date:||May 30, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Mutahid Development Finance Institution:
Mutahid (meaning United in local language) Development Finance Institution (MUTAHID) was established on April 1, 2011 and initially three MFIs namely Microfinance Agency for Development and Rehabilitation of Afghan Communities (MADRAC), Parwaz Microfinance Institution (PARWAZ) and Mofad Microfinance Company (MOFAD) were consolidated. Later on, three additional MFIs namely Women for Women International Microfinance Afghanistan (WWI), Ariana Financial Services (AFS) and ChildFund Afghanistan Microfinance Limited (CFA MF) consolidated into MUTAHID. The creation of MUTAHID was an opportunity to combine the best components of these consolidating institutions and to preserve the significant investments made over the last few years, to create one larger, stronger and sustainable, best practice MFI based on the core principles of ethics, ideas and hard work while incorporating the lessons learned from the past. Microfinance Investment Support Facility for Afghanistan (MISFA) is supporting MUTAHID directly by providing direction, capacity building and financial resources and while a division of MISFA is run as a separate autonomous operating entity. The management of MUTAHID is ensuring the orderly and judicial transfer of good clients, quality staff and assets of the consolidating institutions.
Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is responsible for maintaining financial and accounting records as per Mutahid's financial policies and procedures. CFO is expected and required to work closely with the senior management team, to ensure that the organization is on the right path in terms of growth and sustainability.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Prepare annual financial statements in accordance with IFRS and coordinate with internal and external audit
2. Prepare monthly financial statement and other reports to be submitted to various stakeholders
3. Ensure maintenance of financial records on a timely basis
4. Ensure that relationships with commercial banks are efficient
5. Perform financial analysis of financial activities and supervise accounting system
6. Devise adequate internal control mechanisms
7. Ensure preparation of monthly financial report including reconciliation of bank, cash and payroll
8. Ensure payment of staff salaries and vendors is in accordance with policies
9. Manage liquidity in order to ensure adequate cash for expenses
10. Analyze and monitor loan portfolio
11. Review interest rates, operating costs, and monitor progress toward operational and financial self-sufficiency
12. Ensure cash flow of branches and ensure adherence of strict cash control
13. Monitor surplus funds and suggest appropriate usage to the management
14. Improve existing financial and accounting systems and develop new systems to ensure a high level of financial management and control
15. Ensure the highest quality of data inputs
16. Prepare strategic business plan and monitor its implementation closely.
Master's Degree in Finance & Accounting, or an equivalent degree.
Experience: At least 7 years' experience with a track record of managing progressively increasing responsibilities.
Knowledge: Accounting, MS Office, QuickBooks and other microfinance specific software like Microfin (preferred)
Accuracy Problem solving Organizing
Attention to detail
Analytical Planning Managing Troubleshooting
Logical in presenting ideas Written/oral English Team work