|Date Posted:||Oct 11, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Nov 11, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Financial Accounting,Accounting/Finance|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||7 - 10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Probation Period:||6 months|
About Afghan United Bank:
Afghan United Bank is a full-fledged privately-owned commercial bank incorporated on October 4, 2007. The bank obtained its banking license under the banking laws of Afghanistan from the Central Bank of Afghanistan (Da Afghanistan Bank) and received an incorporation license from Afghanistan Investment Support Agency (AISA). The Bank is currently operating through 27 branches in Kabul, Nangarhar, Kandahar, Balkh, Herat, Kunduz, Parwan, Helmand, Nimroz, Khost, and other big cities of the country. The bank is offering financial products and services in both Conventional and Islamic Banking across these branches.
The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for the Bank’s all fiscal operation/activities in accordance with the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, internal policies, International Financial Reporting Standards, DAB regulations, and other generally accepted accounting principles, such as cost accounting, budget and regulatory/governmental bodies reports ensuring the safeguard of Bank assents.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. As a member of the Board of Management, the Chief Financial Officer will be involved in a range of strategic planning and internal initiatives, mainly in regard to financial issues.
2. Actively managing the general ledger, inclusive of preparation and entry of monthly closings, adjusting and balancing accounts; general journal entries; account reconciliations; balance sheet and income statement analyses.
3. Ensuring the accounting activities are carried out in accordance with the established internal, legal, and regulatory procedures.
4. Generating and preparation of consolidated monthly financial statements and reports incorporating financial analyses to senior management, Board of Supervisors, and regulatory authorities.
5. Manage all planning for periodically and year-end audit and tax filings.
6. Supervise staff of finance Department and develop/train/motivate the team as appropriate.
7. Managing financial and accounting records in an accurate and confidential manner, in accordance with established internal and regulatory requirements.
8. Prepares, presents, and interprets financial reports to senior management, Board of Supervisors, and Auditors (internal or external)
9. Adhere to the applicable tax laws and regulatory compliance to properly reflect the financial position of the Bank and ensures compliance with Bank policies, procedures, and regulatory directives.
10. Responsible for all short/long-term financial matters and for establishing company-wide financial and accounting objectives, policies, programs, directives, and practices that ensure a sound financial structure.
11. Provide analysis regarding new business opportunities, new products, joint ventures, affiliations, and making recommendations to the Senior Management.
12. Establish and implement financial policy affecting budgets, costs, and the expenditure of the bank.
13. Ensure preparation and review of all month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations, and corporate/overhead cost allocation.
14. Responsible to prepare complete year-end financial statements for audits including disclosures, statements of cash flows, and complete work paper audit package.
15. Direct key point of contact for external and DAB auditors.
16. Stay current on audit best practices and regulatory laws and regulations.
17. Draft and maintain procedure manuals for all accounting and reporting functions and enhance the implementation of financial and accounting systems, processes, tools, and control systems.
18. Provide strategic recommendations to enhance financial performance based on detailed analysis and projections, cost identification and allocation as well as revenue/expense analysis.
19. Compile and oversee short-term and long-term budgetary planning and costs management in alignment with Bank’s strategic plan.
20. Prepares reports and presentations for ALCO.
21. Responsible for Treasury Management of the Bank.
Other job-related duties as assigned by the Senior Management.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance & Accounting field, Master's degree will be preferable.
- Professional certification e.g. ACCA, CA, CIA, CBA, CPA, CISA, or CFE.
- At least 10 years related experience in Finance/Accounting where 5-6 years on managerial position.
- Proper investment management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of Afghan financial sector’s legal and regulatory framework.
- Strong problem-solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis.
- High level of integrity and dependability with stronger sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Strong presentation skills; experience creating executive presentations on business strategy, financial results and other topics.
- Professional and friendly behavior.
- Disciplined and hard-worker.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Interested Candidates can send their resumes with their recent photos to the below email. email@example.com
Kindly mention the title of the position and vacancy number in the subject line of your e-mail
Only the Short-listed candidates will be invited for the interview.