|Date Posted:||Aug 5, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Sep 5, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Audit Specialist|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||7 - 10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||6 months|
About Afghan United Bank:
Afghan United Bank is a local bank, licensed by the Afghanistan Central Bank in 2007. Currently this bank has 27 branches across the Country. The bank provides various banking products to its clients and customers including Islamic Banking.
For more information kindly visit: www.afghanunitedbank.com
The Chief Internal Auditor will develop and execute financial and operational risk based audits and lead special projects and investigations in accordance with an internal audit plan. Responsible for audit planning, developing internal audit scope and objectives, managing Audit staff, performing internal audit procedures, and preparing internal audit reports that reflect the results of the work performed. Work will include bank-wide coverage focusing on the efficiency and effectiveness of the bank’s financial system, operational procedures/processes, internal control and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
This position will report administratively to the Chief Executive Officer and functionally to the Chairman of the Audit Committee of the bank.
Requires travel to provinces:
· Strong analytical and advisory skills
· Thorough knowledge of Afghan banking law and regulations.
· Extensive knowledge of financial institution policies and procedures.
· Experience in the design and execution of an audit plan that efficiently and effectively covers bank risks.
· Good communication skill in English language and computer literacy. Proficiency in Afghan local languages will be an advantage.
· Proper judgement skill in resolving issues.
Professional and disciplined leader.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for the smooth and effective day-to-day administration of the Internal Audit Department.
2. Develop and supervise comprehensive program of audit assignments covering:
- internal controls,
- risk management process,
- regulatory compliance,
- evaluating the quality of corporate and credit portfolios,
- credit management process,
- treasury and investment portfolios,
- administration and financial systems,
- human resources,
- IT, CBS and e-banking services,
- ant other related business of the bank,
3. Promote internal audit as a value add to the organization and deliver audit services that consistently improve the control environment and achieve operational excellence.
4. Take care of accurate, professional and transparent audit investigations and audit reports and communicate those to the Board of Management and Audit Committee of the bank.
5. Work in consultation with the Management of the bank to design and implement cost-effective policies and procedures to ensure that internal controls are effective for reliable financial reporting, safeguard the organization's assets, provide for efficient processes and procedures, and achieve regulatory compliance.
6. Liaises and maintain professional relationship with external auditors, Central Bank Auditors and other parties for coordinating and discussing audit related issues and resolve audit observations.
7. Establishes a comprehensive audit plan covering all the activities of the bank, prioritizing the audit assignments based on a risk assessment, and establishing of goals, work schedules, staffing and follow-up activities to carry out the responsibilities of the bank audit, in an effective and efficient manner.
8. Conducts fraud investigations and coordinates with the Management, the Legal Advisor and other concerned authorities as appropriate.
9. Maintains a working environment through knowledge sharing, mentoring and coaching that fosters professional growth and advancement, teamwork, initiative and creativity.
10. Deals with matters of a highly confidential nature using sound judgment and discretion, consulting with the Management and other concerned authorities as appropriate.
11. Survey functions and activities in assigned areas to determine the nature of operations, and adequacy of the system of control to achieve established objectives.
12. Investigate and determine causes of irregularities and errors and recommend corrective actions and suggestion for improvement.
13. Performing special project reviews as requested, which may be in addition to the approved audit plan. Other job-related tasks as assigned by the management.
Any other job-related duties as assigned by the concerned authorities.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· Master degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting or Business Management field.
· 7-10 years related experience in internal audit field or public accounting where 3+ years on managerial level.
· Professional certification such as CIA/CBA/CPA/CISA/CFE or ACCA is desired.
· In depth knowledge of banking technical accounting, operation, internal control, IT infrastructure, risk management and accounting process issues.