|Date Posted:||Nov 8, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Dec 8, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||10 Years|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract|
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev), headquartered in Arlington, VA, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Chief of Party (COP) position on a USAID funded program in Afghanistan.
The purpose of the anticipated activity Women’s Empowerment and Civil Society is to build upon USAID’s previous women’s empowerment projects and draw key lessons learned from other civil society activities implemented in the country and well as recent national assessments. It will be a nationwide project which will work with Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) and women rights activists from across the 34 provinces of Afghanistan.
Requires travel to provinces:
The successful candidate will demonstrate effective management experience and proven experience managing complex programs in Afghanistan. Additionally, she/he should possess:
* Advanced degree in gender/women’s studies, conflict resolution, strengthening civil society, or economic development preferred or other relevant discipline. Significant additional work experience in lieu of a master’s degree will be considered;
* At least 10 years of professional experience with projects related to relevant activity themes. Direct experience working and managing programs in Afghanistan strongly preferred;
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Chief of Party’s responsibilities include providing overall programmatic leadership, including contractual performance and risk management, work planning and reporting, financial management, administration and personnel management, high-level client and counterpart dialogue, and communications for the project. The COP will provide comprehensive technical oversight and guidance in all aspects of the program, including monitoring and evaluation and reporting to USAID and act as the principal link between USAID, Tetra Tech ARD and other partners.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul, Kapisa, Parwan, Wardak, Logar, Nangarhar, Laghman, Panjshir, Baghlan, Bamyan, Ghazni, Paktika, Paktya, Khost, Konar, Nooristan, Badakhshan, Takhar, Kunduz, Samangan, Balkh, Sar-e-Pul, Ghor, Daykundi, Urozgan, Zabul, Kandahar, Jawzjan, Faryab, Helmand, Badghis, Herat, Farah, Nimroz
* At least 7 years of progressively responsible supervisory experience. Previous Chief of Party experience strongly preferred;
* Proven ability to maintain productive working relationships with women rights organizations, government officials, market actors, and community stakeholders;
* Knowledge of relevant regulations and procedures as well as work experience in post-conflict countries;
* Proficiency in Dari and Pashtu preferred.