|Date Posted:||May 3, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jul 3, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||12 - 15 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About FHI360/ NHTAP Project:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Chief of Party for an anticipated multiyear USAID National Health Technical Assistance Program in Afghanistan. The activity aims to improve health outcomes through improved utilization of high-impact, sustainable, accessible, and quality health and nutrition services across Afghanistan. The program will enhance the Afghan Ministry of Public Health’s capacity to support the health systems and policies required to provide high-quality services across Afghanistan and ultimately improve health outcomes among Afghans nationally.
The Chief of Party (COP) will provide strategic, managerial, technical leadership and management oversight to the project. S/he will oversee all aspects of project implementation, including program quality, personnel and financial management. S/he will maintain close coordination with USAID and other stakeholders, ensuring that all project interventions are of high quality and lead to measurable impact. S/he will be responsible for timely and adequate implementation of project activities, deliverables and execution, monitoring and reporting of the project. The COP will serve as the principal liaison to the Afghan Government and USAID/Afghanistan and will have regular communication with the USAID/Afghanistan Agreement Officer’s Representative. The COP is responsible for ensuring compliance with FHI 360 policies and procedures and USG rules and regulations. The COP will be responsible for ensuring sub-awardee compliance and monitoring quality of program implementation. The position will be based in Kabul, Afghanistan.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Proven experience working with government officials, particularly the Ministry of Public Health is highly desirable, to support strategy development, implementation plans and decision making;
- Prior experience in working in Afghanistan and/or knowledge of the Afghan health sector
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to plan, organize, and manage resources for successful completion of projects.
- Demonstrated experience working in fragile or conflict-affected settings preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; knowledge of local language will be an advantage
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the project team, technical and operational aspects of the project, including planning and implementation; ensuring clarity over plans and priorities, and encourages effective team-work;
- Provide overall project leadership, management, and technical direction while ensuring compliance with USAID requirements, U.S. government regulations, and FHI 360 policies and procedures;
- Liaise with USAID/Afghanistan, local government institutions, civil society organizations, and other partners to coordinate activities and facilitate monitoring and reporting of project objectives and achievements;
- Liaise with USG partners and other donors and implementing agencies to ensure coordination of and synergy with other USAID/Afghanistan health related activities;
- Oversee report preparation to meet USAID and corporate reporting requirements to document program performance and monitor overall award compliance;
- Lead preparation of project deliverables, including annual work-plans and project activity updates, and other project-related communication and reporting materials in accordance with USAID deadlines;
- Provide overall financial oversight of the budget over the life of the project;
- Collaborate with and directly act upon inputs from the compliance director to ensure continuous compliance of all consortium members with agreement/contract rules and regulations;
- Oversee a team of senior technical, operations, compliance and finance staff and ensure clear roles and responsibilities and lines of communication are maintained among the team members;
- Supervise all project staff, including ensuring field staff regularly prepare and accurately update performance data;
- Represent the project at regional, national and international fora, including technical conferences, policy briefings, etc.;
- Organize project teams and oversee production of SOPs to meet project goals and ensure compliance with policies; and
- Provide guidance and mentoring to managers and staff to achieve project goals and develop national leadership capacity.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- At least a master’s degree or its international equivalent or higher in public health or a related area like health communications, or another relevant field.
- At least 12-15 years of professional experience in public health, 10 years of experience as a chief of party, or equivalent, managing and implementing high-volume USAID and other donor-funded health projects in complex settings, with specific experience working with government counterparts, international donors, and local organizations to strengthen health service delivery and systems;
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered
- Interested candidates can apply through FHI 360 career at https://www.fhi360.org/careers or send the resume (max. of 3 pages) to the below email: