|Date Posted:||Sep 27, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Oct 9, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||false|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Ministry of Mines:
The Chief of Staff coordinates activities of the Minister with other departments. In addition, this position advises the Minister and Deputy Ministers, providing extensive professional assistance, recommendations on Ministry issues, coordination with government and international organizations, and supervises staff assigned to the Private Office. This is a professional position requiring understanding of policy development in the extractive industriesâ€™ sector, intergovernmental relations, with exceptional analytical and communication skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Within six weeks of joining he/she shall develop an action plan for revamping the system in accordance with rules and regulations for better quality services delivery and also a work plan in agreement with his/her supervisor (Minister or Deputy Minister).
2. Responsible for oversight of the Private Office; supervises all staff serving in the Private Office and ensures effective support to the Minister and the Deputy Ministers and quality and timeliness of directorate outputs.
3. Conducts research and directs preparation of reports, analyses, briefing notes for the Minister.
4. Oversees preparation of verbal and written correspondence, setting of meetings and work schedules on behalf of the Minister.
5. Ensures that documents and information flow effectively between the Private Office and Ministry.
6. Communicates with the Minster on sensitive and/or confidential issues received by the Private office.
7. Handles intergovernmental affairs, including liaison with other government organizations, the Presidentâ€™s Office and with the National Assembly of Afghanistan.
8. Oversees liaison and coordination with the Afghanistanâ€™s Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative Secretariat at the Ministry of Finance.
9. Receives and responds to inquiries and acts as a representative of the Minister in dealings with the public if necessary.
10. Responsible for the effective coordination of the Ministryâ€™s international development partners and for liaison with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
11. Exercises considerable sensitivity, discretion and judgment in all aspects of his/her work.
12. Ensures that business processes within the Private Office are streamlined, efficient and effective, including digitizing and computerization of Private Officeâ€™s document management practices.
13. Ensure that he/she transfers knowledge and skills to other individuals and working teams in an effective regular manner in order to improve managerial ability, motivation and confidence.
- Conducts research and directs preparation of reports, analyses, briefing notes for the Minister.
- Ministerâ€™s office is managed effectively
- Reports , analysis, briefing notes have been prepared for the minister exist
- Intergovernmental affairs are handled effectively document exist
- Document for effective coordination with the international development partners exist
- ÙÙDocument management practices of Private Officeâ€™s is computerized
The Chief of Staff shall report to the Minister of Mines.
â€“ Minimum requirements
1. Masterâ€™s degree in, Business Administration, Public Administration, or any other related fields with 3 years of relevant experience.
2. Bachelor degree in the mentioned subjects with 5 years relevant experience.
3. Excellent Communication skills both written and verbal in Dari or Pashto and English languages.
4. Computer skills in MS. Office are required.
â€“ Desirable attributes
1. Strong analytical skills of high order, as well as the ability to organize and delegate responsibility.
2. High proficiency in English language.
3. Strong human as well as organization skills to organize things properly and motivate team work.
4. Good personal management skills particularly to be able to bring organizational and cultural changes over time
Notice of revision
These terms of reference may be revised subject to operational needs.