|Date Posted:||Oct 3, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Oct 15, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About General Directorate of Programs and Design:
The Chief of Staff coordinates activities of the Minister with other departments. In addition, this position advises the Minister and Deputy Ministers, providing extensive professional assistance, recommendations on Ministry issues. The incumbent has the overall responsibility of establishing a sound communication system between the Ministerâ€™s office and different internal and external stakeholders.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Within six weeks of joining he/she shall develop an action plan for revamping the system in accordance with rules and regulations for better quality services delivery and also a work plan in agreement with his/her supervisor (Minister or Deputy Minister).
2. Facilitate the re-defining of work flows and arrangements for coordination between the different directorates.
3. Conduct research and direct preparation of reports, analyses, briefing notes for the Minister, oversees preparation of verbal and written correspondence, and manage meetings and work schedules on behalf of the Minister.
4. Provide on time information to the Minister regarding decrees, sanctions, and other government sensitive documents.
5. Establish sound documentation and filing systems (hard and soft) for the Ministerâ€™s office.
6. Handle intergovernmental affairs, including liaison with other government organizations, the Presidentâ€™s Office and with the National Assembly of Afghanistan.
7. Establish continued communication with all departments within the organization on behalf of the Minister to ensure a smooth and efficient communication amongst the different departments
8. Serve as a liaison between Minister and his officials, other public representatives, the media and general public.
9. Ensure that he/she transfers knowledge and skills to other individuals and working teams in an effective regular manner in order to improve managerial ability, motivation and confidence.
1. Proper reporting, analysis and briefing mechanisms are established.
2. An effective system of information flow and documentation is developed.
3. An appropriate and functional filing system is put in place.
4. Proper work processes are established within the department.
5. An effective internal and external coordination system is in place.
The Chief of Staff shall report to the Minister of Commerce and Industry.
â€“ Minimum requirements
1. Masterâ€™s degree in, Business Administration, Public Administration, or any other related fields with 3 years of relevant experience.
2. Bachelor degree in the mentioned subjects with 5 years relevant experience.
3. Excellent Communication skills both written and verbal in Dari or Pashto and English languages.
4. Computer skills in MS. Office are required.
1. Strong analytical skills of high order, as well as the ability to organize and delegate responsibility.
2. High proficiency in English language.
3. Strong human as well as organization skills to organize things properly and motivate team work.
4. Good personal management skills particularly to be able to bring organizational and cultural changes over time.
Notice of revision
These terms of reference may be revised subject to operational needs.