|Date Posted:||Jan 1, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jan 15, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Social Science|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Salim Jawid Transportation & Logistics Services Co :
UNICEF supports the Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs, Martyr and Disabled in capacity building of Child Protection Action Network (CPAN) to improve prevention and response to child protection issues, Department of Religious Affairs of Ministry of Haj and Religious Affairs at provincial and village level as well as Department of Vital Statistic of Ministry of Interior.
The main purpose is
- To support the DOLSAMD & CPAN members in systematic capacity building of CPAN, regularization of monitoring and reporting mechanism for child protection issues in order to prevent and response abuse/violence, exploitation, and neglect against children and to ensure the protection of all children (boys and girls) in a given region.
- To support Department of Religious Affairs in planning, implementation, and monitoring of their awareness-raising activities through mosques
- To support Departments of vital statistics in improving Birth Registration system at district and provincial level
- To develop CPAN annual work plan including D-CPANs in coordination with relevant departments
- To ensure regular monitoring, reporting, and response of child protection cases at the provincial level.
- To ensure the use of standard child rights monitoring tools and reporting format for child protection issues.
- To strengthen provincial referral system/ mechanism among community and other relevant government and non- government organizations for the victim of child rights violation in coordination with DOLSAMD and CPAN
- To facilitate & coordinate the knowledge sharing and learning events in provinces
- To develop/strengthen referral mechanism
- To mobilize communities including religious leaders around child protection issue for prevention and response purposes.
- To mobilize community members for the prevention of child recruitment and use in armed groups and forces
- Improve coordination among CPAN members and ensure information sharing within the network
- Monitor implementation of other CP activities as requested by UNICEF CPOs
- Female qualified candidates are prioritized.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the guidance of UNICEF Western Region Zonal Office/Child Protection and in the coordination of line departments, the regional/provincial Technical Facilitator will be responsible to:
- Ensure that regular CPAN and Birth Registration meetings held in each province, minutes are sent out timely and action points are followed up before the next meeting
- Ensure there is a sound coordination mechanism in place between CPAN members and the service mapping is an updated on a quarterly basis
- Ensure that the children receive proper services through existing referral pathway and children are prevented from re-victimization.
- Ensure that the standard tools/forms for monitoring and reporting of child protection cases used and all child rights violations reported and responded appropriately.
- Ensure that community sensitization activities on prevention of abuse/violence against children especially child marriage and other harmful practices as well as the importance of Birth Registration, Girls Education, and Polio are in the annual work plan and implemented.
- Ensure monitoring reports of child rights violation are regularly recorded and submitted for trend analysis
- Ensure the continuance interactions between the district and provincial CPANs, and providing the required support at the district level.
- Ensure CPAN case management is active and proper documentation is in place in the filing system
- Carry out field monitoring of other CP activities in the districts as requested by UNICEF CP Section
- Travels to Districts and Provinces
- Ghor: to be based in Chaghcharan with frequent visit to villages in Chaghcharan district to Dwalatyar, Lal wa sarjangal, Tulak, Shahrak, and other districts if needed traveling is possible
- University degree in social sciences or other relevant areas
- Two years of work experience in child protection field related programs, knowledge, and experience in a given province preferred.
- Analytical capacity and experience in project planning, implementation, monitoring and coordination
- Experience in community mobilization and sensitization
- Strong both oral and written communication, advocacy and negotiation skills, experience in training is an asset;
- Fluency in Dari with Intermediate level of English and Pashto language