|Date Posted:||Jul 15, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Jul 28, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
CHA is an afghan National non-governmental, non political, non-profit and non-sectarian humanitarian organization Set in 1987. CHA working in health, education and agriculture as a proactive player and a strong advocate for a developed Afghanistan in Kabul, Kandahar, Farah, Herat, Ghor, Balkh, Parwan, Kapisa and Faryab provinces.
The CHW Trainer is responsible for all activities related to training and capacity building of Community Health Workers (CHW), assisting in supervision thereof and reporting on all activities to the CBHC Officer. Includes assessing and analyzing CHW needs and post-tests to determine areas requiring special or additional attention, both individually and collectively.
Duties & Responsibilities:
. In coordination with CBHC Officer, prepare a comprehensive CHW training plan for new CHWs and refreshers according to national standard curriculum and requirements.
2. Implement the CHW trainings according to accepted methodologies and curriculum. This includes data collection for required reports and database (dates, places, trainees, topics, etc.) and submission to the CBHC Officer.
3. Assist the Logistics Department in purchases for training materials, food supplies and fuel for CHW trainings.
4. Assist in the distribution of re-supplies for CHW kits. This includes planning ahead for winterization.
5. Assist the General Pharmacist in the preparation of drug consumption reports and orders.
6. Perform random visits of health posts to do follow-up trainings, to assess need for and implement on job trainings and redesign future trainings for CHWs. This includes coordination with the CDO and CHSs to create and follow an efficient CHW supervision plan, assisting in resolving conflicts, challenges and particular health issues, reaching remote health posts and reporting.
7. Assist in the selection of CHWs for external trainings or conferences as appropriate.
8. Assist in implementing a CHW award and recognition system for excellent performance and contributions. This may include coordinating invitations to observe and assist at health facilities, basic renovations to a health post, write-ups for publication, etc.
9. Participate in and contribute at bi-annual meetings with CDO, CHSs, CHWs and Heads of Facilities for improvement of CHWs' activities.
10. Perform other duties assigned by the direct supervisor.
1.Nil absences during the past year during official field office working hours other than those coordinated with the direct supervisor.
2.Training plan implemented accordingly.
3.Data collection for CHW training database submitted after each training to the CBHC Officer.
4.Thorough CHW training and supervision reports submitted after each training or visit to the CBHC Officer.
5.CHW award and recognition system for excellent performance and contributions in place and acted upon for the selected number of awardees.
6.During the past year, participated in two coordination meetings for each health facility and relevant stakeholders as assigned.
12th grade graduate with medical training such as Nursing or Midwifery
Experience: Minimum 2 years experience in Community Based Health Care
Other Valued Criteria:
1.Strong work ethic with high self-initiative
2.Willingness to live in and travel throughout Farah Province
3.Willing and flexible to work as part of team
4.Good community relations building experience and conflict resolution skills
5.Previous work experience with an international humanitarian or development organization desirable
6.Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
7.Fluent in Dari and Pashto, with working knowledge of English preferred
8.Social and cultural understanding.