|Date Posted:||May 29, 2010|
|Reference:||VA # POD 024 May 29, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Jun 9, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Public Relations|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
The Civic Education Trainer will provide technical support to promote a mutually reinforcing group of advocates and efforts to lead a sustainable campaign in support of electoral public outreach campaign. In addition, the Civic Education Trainer will work closely with our partner CSOs that they work with throughout the country to ensure gender equity in their activities and will work with the STEP staff to ensure gender integration into all aspects of program implementation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. To provide expertise in civic and voter education to CPI-STEP.
2. Be responsible for supporting the finalization and implementation of the civic and voter education program to be rolled-out by selected NGOs to increase the level of information and awareness by all potential voters on various electoral processes with special regard to targeting groups like women, youth, minorities, people with disabilities and the illiterate.
3. Coordinate, implement and monitor a comprehensive Civic and Voter Education Program to be rolled-out by NGOs, including developing voter education materials( flipcharts , Manuals and booklets) and providing necessary training and capacity building to the Implementing NGOs and CPI-STEP staff to enable them engage in effective and timely voter education.
4. Designing and conducting ToT for NGO trainers
5. Receive and respond to client question and complaints in timely manner, with established guidelines
6. The Voter and Civic Education Trainer will be responsible to mentor Civic Education Trainers and Civic Educators in the field and will design a monitoring strategy to monitor the implementation of the Civic Education Program
7. Evaluate the performance of NGOs Civic Educators and Trainers
8. Work in collaboration with IP NGOs, the Counterpart-STEP and through a planned process of regional and Provincial workshops, training opportunities and other modalities to:-
9. Finalize core civic and voter education content and messaging ensuring that the needs of various groups of voters are addressed;
10. Identify the range of modalities available through which education can be delivered;
11. Encourage participating groups to be creative and strategic in their delivery;
12. Provide capacity-building and training to support participating groups in their conduct of Civic Education including technical support as and when required;
13. Implement and monitor, policy development;
14. Encourage community engagement (CDCs, Local Shuras, Youth groups, etc) and performance.
15. Provide regular written reports and oral briefings to the CPI-STEP Voter Education Advisor and the Program Director
1. BA Degree or equivalent relevant experience in Education, Political Science. Social Sciences, Humanities or other related fields.
2. At least five years of practical experience in several of the following areas:- electoral or political work:- preferably with an electoral management body or equivalent, civic and voter education, elections management and coordination, human rights and civil society empowerment.
3. Experience in monitoring and evaluation is asset
4. Fluency in Dari, Pashto is essential and Excellent English.
5. Proven experience in electoral processes in Afghanistan
6. Strong communication and excellent interpersonal skills.
7. Cultural awareness and sensitivity.
8. Computer literacy In Microsoft Software and other software packages.
9. Good report writing skills.