|Date Posted:||Aug 9, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Aug 19, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Salary Range:||15000 - 17000 USD undefinedUSD|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||false|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Afghan Women Resource Center:
The Afghan Womenâ€™s Resource Center (AWRC) was founded by a group of over 80 educated Afghan women from various backgrounds, in August 1989. This was at a time when most relief work was being implemented by international organizations, and very few Afghan women participated in the process. The female refugee community began to realize that their real needs and interests could not be addressed, without their active participation in relief activities for women. This gave birth to the idea of an organization run by Afghan women to help Afghan women. From the very beginning, AWRC aimed at serving as a focal point of resources and information for Afghan women from all walks of life.
This project aims to contribute to the overall objective of strengthening equal citizensâ€™ participation in the electoral and decision-making processes towards democracy building in Afghanistan. This initiative is designed to increase the role of citizens, and in particular women, by enhancing their understanding of, and involvement in, the electoral and public decision-making processes, by endorsing and advocating for equal gender rights and accountability in the democratic context.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To assist manager in implementing the training program as per action plan.
- To develop training program to meet the action plan timeline
- To develop and implement trainings according to project log frame.
- To maintain accurate and timely written documentation in community files,
- To keep community informed about AWRC role, contribution and benefits for their development;
- To assist in organizing campaigns/workshops/events process as per instruction given by supervisor.
- To prepared reports for and submit it to line manager on monthly bases or per needed.
- To assume additional responsibilities.
- Graduated from university is preferable;
- At least two years experience in conducting awareness trainings (civic education experience would be an advantage)
- Being a mobilizer, experience in community work;
- Ability to travel;