|Date Posted:||May 16, 2019|
|Reference:||Civil Engineer (AKTC/18/24)|
|Closing Date:||May 30, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Civil Engineering|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract|
|Probation Period:||6 months|
About International NGO:
The Aga Khan Trust for Culture was founded in 1988 and is registered in Geneva, Switzerland, as a private, non-denominational, philanthropic foundation. It is an integral part of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a family of institutions created by His Highness the Aga Khan, with distinct yet complementary mandates to improve the welfare and prospects of people in countries in the developing world, particularly in Asia and Africa. Part of the wider development programme of the Aga Khan Development Network in Afghanistan, the Aga Khan Trust for Culture has since 2002 been engaged in a range of initiatives in Kabul, Heart, Balkh and Badakhshan aimed at the conservation and revitalization of historic neighbourhoods, the improvement of living conditions and the development of professional and crafts skills.
AKTC is supporting a number of projects in Kabul aimed at protecting specific neighborhoods or buildings at risk, and improving living conditions of the inhabitants, as part of a broader process of urban revitalization. Working within a team of Afghan and international professionals, under the direct supervision of AKTC Management, the Civil Engineer will be involved in a range of technical tasks in support of AKTC’s conservation and rehabilitation activities in Kabul, Afghanistan.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide civil/engineering design for new and restoration construction projects.
- Provide support and civil knowledge for facilities planning, programming, design, construction and equipment installation for required facilities and infrastructure.
- Analyze construction costs, government regulations, potential environmental hazards, and other factors during the planning and risk-analysis stages of a project,
- Analyze survey, mapping, and materials-testing data with computer modeling software.
- Prepare design by collecting and studying reports, drawings, aerial photographs and tests on soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics, and related topographical and geological data.
- Prepare design of site grading and road and path design, storm-water conveyance, quantity and quality modeling, sewer and water conveyance system design,
- Prepare design of erosion control systems,
- Prepare associated calculations, reports and spreadsheets,
- Prepare specifications, bidding documents, contracts, and cost estimates; conducts and coordinates design and construction surveying,
- Preparing bids for tenders and reporting to management, public agencies and/or planning bodies,
- Assist in the selection of engineering consultants,
- Maintain collaborative inter-departmental and cross functional working relationship with other members of the project team,
- Provide direction, oversight and review of engineering design performed by the project team,
- Assist or oversee construction engineering during project construction and assist in developing solutions to complications identified during construction,
- Managing and monitoring progress during each phase of a project,
- Other tasks assign by Chief Architect/ line Managers.
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Civil Engineering.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and schedule commitments is critical.
- Familiarity with sustainment, restoration, and modernization civil/structural project requirements.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the planning and zoning process.
- Proficient use of CAD, Autocad Civil 3D, and other relevant Software Packages to be used for site layout, grading, utility, and storm-water management plan design and/or other discipline-specific programs.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
- Knowledge of codes and standards applicable to design of projects.
- Able to successfully manage staff both individually and as teams.
- Ability to effectively coordinate with internal architectural and engineering team members.
- Punctuality and a commitment to get the job done
- Ability to manage time
- A good knowledge of English as a language of professional work and communication.