|Date Posted:||Jun 19, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Jun 24, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Functional Area:||Service Management|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||12 month(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Maybe|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with a network of 192-member National Societies. The overall aim of the IFRC is “to inspire, encourage, facilitate, and promote at all times all forms of humanitarian activities by National Societies with a view to preventing and alleviating human suffering and thereby contributing to the maintenance and promotion of human dignity and peace in the world.” The IFRC works to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people before, during and after disasters, health emergencies and other crises.
The IFRC is part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (Movement), together with its member National Societies and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC). The work of the IFRC is guided by the following fundamental principles: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality.
The IFRC is led by its Secretary General, and has its Headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. The Headquarters are organized into three main Divisions: (i) National Society Development and Operations Coordination; (ii) Global Relations, Humanitarian Diplomacy and Digitalization; and (iii) Management Policy, Strategy and Corporate Services.
The IFRC has five regional offices in Africa, Asia Pacific, Middle East and North Africa, Europe, and the Americas. The IFRC also has country cluster delegation and country delegations throughout the world. Together, the Geneva Headquarters and the field structure (regional, cluster and country) comprise the IFRC Secretariat.
The cleaner post exist to keep all Office clean and hygienic including corridors, washing room, bathrooms, toilets, entry points, and all office furniture, windows, doors, equipment and tools.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all vacuum cleaning is done daily in the morning prior to normal working hours.
- Clean all offices / houses, tables, chairs and other inventory inside the offices and premises.
- Empty all dustbins and separate paper from other materials. Paper will be burned in coordination with Logistics daily.
- Ensure that the meeting / dining room and kitchen is always cleaned and ready for use, and has a representative outlook.
- During wintertime, ensure that all heaters are cleaned regularly, switched on every morning early, properly functioning during working hours and switched off before leaving the premises every day.
- Wash and clean curtains when needed and collect any linen, sheets, tablecloths for washing.
- Clean the compounds and ensure that all entries, pathways and vehicle parks are clean.
- Ensure hygienic conditions in all bathrooms and toilets, clean the sanitary facilities inside, and provide daily sufficient toilet paper, soap, towels, spray and other materials as necessary.
- All the floors and sanitary facilities inside will be cleaned with des-infective washing materials daily.
- To deliver administrative/operative duties in accordance with clear and detailed procedures in order to provide a high-quality service.
- Carry out tasks in this area as delegated by the HoD, Security Manager and report to Security Manager regarding any security related incidents or relevant information.
- To maintain positive working relationships with all colleagues and visitors.
Duties applicable to all staff
- Actively work towards the achievement of the Federation Secretariat’s goals.
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross and Red Crescent principles.
- Perform any other work related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager.
- Secondary school or equal knowledge
- Experience of good communication
- Red Cross/Red Crescent experience (Preferred)
- 3 year’s work experience in the humanitarian organizations.
- Knowledge in Federation or movement partners (Preferred)
- Local common languages knowledge (Dari and Pushto)
- English language skills (Preferred)