|Date Posted:||Nov 16, 2020|
|Reference:||Co-Finance Program Specialist|
|Closing Date:||Nov 26, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
About Ministry of Public Health:
The Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) is tasked with a critical mandate; To deliver and promote sustainable and accessible health care services to the people of Afghanistan. Social and economic advancement can only be realized in a thriving and healthy society.
The success of the MoPH is heavily driven in its ability to plan and use allocated resources effectively. Effective financial management is therefore critical for sustainable development and is the primary tool that translates the MoPH development strategies into noticeable outcomes or service delivery. Good governance and democratic accountability relies on transparent management of the MoPH budget. Therefore, ineffective financial management undermines the effectiveness and efficiency of development interventions and hinders the country’s progress towards improved and sustainable health care. MoPH finance directorate is going through a reform process and after reviewing the structure of finance directorates of other line ministries such as MRRD, MoE and MAIL, has proposed a new and standard structure that is approved by MoPH leadership, for this purpose MoPH needs a qualified staff as head of coordination and reporting unite, to take the responsibility of overall coordination and financial reporting of MoPH.
Implement project proposal, budget and plan of the programs as per MoF rules to achieve set targets,
Assist the entire team of the Global Fund Grants Coordination Unit (GFCU), National AIDs Control
Program (NACP), National Malaria and Lieshmainais Control Program (NMLCP) and National TB
Control Program (NTP) to timely implement the Co-Financing project within MoPH and MoF.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implement project proposal, budget and plan of the programs as per MoF rules to achieve set targets
- Assist the entire team of the Global Fund Grants Coordination Unit (GFCU), National AIDs Control Program(NACP), National Malaria and Lashmania Control Program (NMLCP) and National TB Control Program (NTP) to timely implement the Co-Financing project within MoPH and MoF
- Provide technical support and documents for timely preparing the periodic reports to the Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Economic, Presidential House and any other institutions on regular basis
- Lead and support relevant supported departments to develop annual operational plans in line with approved budget and work plan
- Coordinate with relevant entities and departments to provide information/documents to international/local auditor, government entities and/or other institutions to verify any required and needed information/documents
- Support HSS Team to coordinate GF-HSS initiatives with relevant departments, other PRs and SRs,
- Compile monthly report from related departments/staff, provide remedial feedback and tack corrective actions
- Support relevant supported Sub-Recipients (SRs) to timely submit quarterly and any ad hoc reports to MoPH,
- Provide day to day technical assistance to supported departments for proper program implementation.
- Develop formats to be used for successful reporting of MoF - HSS Grant and reporting.
- In coordination with M&E, HIV, Malaria, Lab, TB and other relevant Directorates/departments conduct field visits to monitor NGOs/SRs and provide on-site support, as needed.
- Work closely with Finance Team of the Global Fund to timely process the documents received from NTP, NMLCP, NACP and other departments of MOPH
- Follow and support finance for disbursement to SRs under the signed contracts between MoPH and SRs.
- Any other relevant task assigned by line supervisor.
· Bachelor Degree MD
· 5 years’ experience in related field (projects/program management)
· Professional Skills:
· Fluency and good writing skills in English, Dari and Pashto languages and communication in local languages.
· Good skills of computer MS office, access program, internet, photocopy use, scanning etc.
· Excellent organizational, coordination, communication and interpersonal relationship skills required.
· Willingness to travel in- country if required.