|Date Posted:||Feb 29, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Apr 10, 2020|
|Work Type:||Part Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Computer Science,Information Technology|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 - 5 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
TechNation is an Afghanistan-based technology, management and consulting company that leverages technology for business, education and society. Incorporated in 2010 in Afghanistan, TechNation strives to achieve the following objectives:
- Support business automation through creating technologies for web, mobile, and desktop;
- Enhance the employability of young people through training and education;
- Empower citizens by providing technology and knowledge resources;
- Create wealth and employment by launching startup support programs in various industries;
- Promote a culture of innovation through initiating technology innovation programs;
- Facilitate an enabling environment for business and social development through policy research and analysis.
TechNation has been working on TechKids-- an academy for children to learn to code, design and make-- that requires additional instructors, separately, for its Coding, Design, and Robotics track classes.
Summary of the Position:
We are looking for a passionate Coding Instructor to teach elementary or middle school students at the TechKids locations (the main location in Qala-e Fathullah, Kabul and other locations will be opened later in Kabul and provinces). As a TechKids instructor, you will meet incredible kids, teach them how to code - and how to think like a coder - and be rewarded with an amazing experience. This is a part-time position for anywhere from 5-10 hours/week, 3-8pm, depending on your schedule and availability.
This job is open to:
- Applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- Applicants who do not have a high school or university diploma
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Passion- this is all about giving back to the kids. We need to see your student rock a coding lesson.
- Great with kids. Patience, a bit of fun, and energy are virtues when it comes to kids!
- Ability to work independently with diverse groups.
- Familiarity and comfort with the subject area.
- Ability to assist others in understanding concepts.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Work alongside education advisor/site coordinator to ensure all classes are prepared for in advance
- Willingness to provide student-centered learning.
- Provide study visit suggestions that will expand student learning
- Ability to follow a prescribed curriculum
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Teach coding, programming skills, and programming languages to a group of 8-15 students. Lead training sessions on current coding information and programming languages to the children.
- Help with the development of curriculum and training handbook.
- Create presentations.
- Perform quality assurance reviews to assess comprehension of training efforts.
- Organize and participate in coding and reimbursement meetings.
- Review and respond to coding questions.
- Research updated coding information.
- Communicate changes to the staff and students.
- Conduct coding reviews and training programs to assure coding quality.
- Review student work and ensure it is being accurately coded.
- Perform random chart audits.
- Hold regular meetings to communicate new findings.
- Perform analysis of benchmarking profiles.
- Provide continual coding support to students.
- Research coding issues that arise.
- Convert hand-written charts to code.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- High school or equivalent, students pursuing a Bachelor's degree or higher (preferred)
- 1-5 years of experience in teaching, especially coding/programming (Preferred)
How to apply:
Please, send a CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write the vacancy title in the subject line by no later than April 10, 2020.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, and basis of disability or any other protected class.