|Date Posted:||May 12, 2022|
|Closing Date:||May 28, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||386 - 387 USD monthlyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||1 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||6 month(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Maybe|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
We are a non-political, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian and developmental organization working to improve the lives of the Afghan people since 1984. We address the acute needs of the most vulnerable and support early recovery and sustainable development for all Afghans. We align our work to the specific needs and priorities of the Afghan communities.
The Communications Assistant will support the designing and development of internal and external communications products. He/she will draft articles, success stories, case studies, lessons learned, etc. for DACAAR’s publications and for donors. He/she will collect photos from the field, train field staff in photography and take photos and videos in support of the relevant communications material.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Interview (on the phone or in person) beneficiaries, staff and relevant stakeholders in Kabul and in the field to develop human interest stories and case studies.
· Take good-quality photos and videos of beneficiaries, staff and relevant stakeholders (within DACAAR’s offices as well as in the field).
· Compile information, including photos and videos, for external and internal communications.
· Collect photos from the field and organize those in a photo library.
· Train staff in the field and in Kabul on photography and on collecting case studies.
· Develop at least two articles for the DACAAR website and/or donor reports on a monthly basis.
· Develop at least 2 video documentaries of DACAAR programs on a quarterly basis.
· Undertake administrative works in support of the Communications Team.
· The holder of this position must strictly follows the organization existing security policies, procedures and daily instructions of the safety personnel.
Any other tasks given by the supervisor.
Education/ Qualification and Employment Benefits
Education: Bachelor of Arts in (Journalism or Mass Media) is required.
Experience: At least One (1) year experience in Communication or Mass media is required.
Other qualifications’ an advantage:
- Good English writing skills, photography, graphics design (Desirable)
Languages: Pashto/Dari & English Fluency in (Written & Spoken) is required.
· Good training opportunities to enhance employees’ skills
· Severance pay: one month salary per year of service
· 24 days of paid annual leave per year
· 10 days of paid sick leave per year
· 2 days weekend
· Eid bonus on both Eids (after the completion of three months service)
· 30 days of paid Hajj leave (after the completion of one year service)
· 90 days of paid maternity leave for female employees (after the completion of three months service)
· 5 days of paid paternity leave for male employees (after the completion of three months service)
· 15 days of public holidays per year
· Transportation allowance AFN (1500)/ month.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Procedure for submission of applications:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a DACAAR Job Application Form along with introduction letter and CV online to email@example.com or a Hard copy to HR Department in DACAAR main office Kabul.
· Applications without DACAAR Job Application Form will not be considered.
· Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted and called for the written test/ interview.
· The salary would be paid in AFN according to the actual exchange rate.
DACAAR is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all sections of the society. While all applicants will be strictly assessed on their individual merit, qualified women, people with disabilities and members of minority communities are especially encouraged to apply.
Kabul Office Address:
DACAAR, Main Office, Paikob-e-Naswar, Wazirabad, Kabul, Afghanistan
Postal address: Central P.O. Box 208, Kabul, Afghanistan
Phone: (+93) 0202230752/ (+93) 0202230753
Web site: www.dacaar.org