|Date Posted:||Jan 21, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jan 27, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Project Based|
About Kakar Advocates LLC:
Kakar Advocates, LLC, is a full-service international commercial law firm based in Kabul, Afghanistan. We are a diverse group of lawyers uniquely positioned to provide a broad range of legal services to international and Afghan business enterprises. Driven by the passion for teamwork, global outlook and local execution, we strive to serve our clients efficiently and effectively to help them achieve their business goals and objectives. Our team combines international experience with local knowledge to provide the highest standard of service to clients. The team includes internationally trained attorneys, Afghan attorneys, tax and corporate consultants, as well as Afghan government relation specialists. The attorneys have worked in large and prominent US law firms, in addition to occupying important positions, among others, as Advisor to the President and Deputy Chief of Staff, Advisor to the Attorney General, Advisor to the Minister of Justice, Chairman of the Supervisory Board of a commercial bank, US Army Judge Advocate, Senior Defense Counsel, scholar at Harvard Law School, and U.S. diplomat in the Middle East.
The Communication Expert will manage the external and internal communication efforts of the organization. He/She will promote a positive public image and control the dissemination of information on our company’s behalf. Additionally the Communication Expert will act as liaison between different departments and organizations to meet predefined goals and objectives in timely manner.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Develop and implement a communication strategy that includes media outreach and social media content creation.
2. Write press releases, blogs, newsletters, and develop content, info graphics.
3. Copy edit, proofread, and revise communication material.
4. Write content for communication material such as brochure and flyer.
5. Arrange, manage and coordinate press conferences, seminars and major national events.
6. Build and maintain relationships with journalists and key external role-players.
7. Liaise with media and handle communication between different parties.
8. Establish a mechanism for smooth flow of information between Kabul and other provincial offices.
9. Create communication of strategy.
10. Develop innovative ways to communicate information to a range of audiences using tech platforms and interactive tools such as animated info graphics, interactive maps, or other data visualization software.
11. Prepare information for public awareness events held in the provinces, and also coordinate organizing public awareness events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or a related field (Preference will be given to Master’s degree holders)
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in communications with governmental offices, UN agencies or international NGOs.
- High written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in content writing and editing
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Knowledge of photo and video-editing software is an asset
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities
- Experience in computer programs (Word, Excel, Power Point), other multimedia software.
- Ability to rapidly analyze and integrate diverse information from varied sources
- Ability to produce a variety of written communications products in a clear, concise style
- Excellent organizational, communication, problem-solving and inter-personal skills
- Excellent writing, speaking and reading skills in Dari and Pashto languages