|Date Posted:||Sep 3, 2019|
|Reference:||MoMP/PSU/PDP/Communication, Legal Drafting and Administrative Officer for MoMP|
|Closing Date:||Sep 17, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Legal,Business Administration ,Communication|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 4 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP):
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment. It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
Under the Direct Supervision of Contract Management Specialist, Communication, Legal Drafting and Administrative Officer is responsible for the functions related to Draft official APA correspondence to contractor for the CMS, Consult APA Technical Services Department on issues regarding technical support, Consult APA Contract Finance Department on issues regarding financial support, Send, receive, review and archive all correspondence with contractor
Requires travel to provinces:
• Identify and define technical and administrative problems, identify and evaluate alternative solutions, and select and implement the best alternative
• Prepare plan correction reports
• Review proposed projects to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
• Communicate effectively in oral and written form
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Draft official APA correspondence to contractor for the CMS
• Consult APA Technical Services Department on issues regarding technical support
• Consult APA Contract Finance Department on issues regarding financial support
• Send, receive, review and archive all correspondence with contractor
• Ensure that the APA responds to all contractor correspondence in a timely manner
• Establish annual timetable for Technical, Operations and Management Committee Meetings regarding the Amu Darya project.
• Establish timetable for contractor report submission and communicate
• In liaison with other APA Departments, develop standard forms for internal reporting requirements, including annual, quarterly, and periodic reports on the progress of hydrocarbons operations
• Track deadlines for submission of contractor reports and communicate with contractor regarding upcoming submission deadlines
• Ensure that Contract Finance and Technical Services Directorates review reports and provide comments to substance of contractor reports in a timely manner
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
• Bachelor's degree with major in Law, Management or a related field plus 4 years of contract development, contract management or related experience.
• Understanding of Contract and bid processes, standard and protocol.
• Contract tracking and management systems.
• Provide or coordinate contract compliance staff training.
• Ability of Training processes and techniques.
• Supervisory practices, principles, and methods.
• Maintaining an established work schedule.
• Reading and understanding contracts.
• Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
• Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through.
• Planning, prioritizing, and problem-solving.
• Coordinating the contract process in relation to goods and services.
• Maintaining contract data and information systems.
• Communication as the primary point of contact in relation to contracts and contract issues.
• Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
• Maintaining current knowledge, skill and abilities in contract administration theories, practices and technologies.
• Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications as well as automated financial systems.