|Date Posted:||Sep 11, 2019|
|Reference:||Communication Manager– 68/MAIL/SGR|
|Closing Date:||Sep 24, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Strategic Grain Reserve Project (SGRP) Over the last ten years, Afghanistan witnessed two major shortages of supply of locally grown wheat due to sharp decline in local production, and limited supply from traditional export markets in neighboring countries. As a result, many Afghans especially those living in rural and remote area suffered from severe shortage of wheat which is described as a major food intake in the country. In response to the described challenges, the Government of Afghanistan, represented by the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation, and Livestock (MAIL), is planning to establish a Strategic Grain Reserve to be primarily used in responding to such emergency situations, and requested the support from the World Bank in this regard. The Strategic Grain Reserve Project (SGRP) is a World Bank funded project implemented by the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) through the establishment of transitional Project Implementation Unit (PIU) and would have three components: (i) Establish physical infrastructure (grain silos) to reserve grain; (ii) Strengthening institutional capacity to operate the strategic grain reserve; (iii) Establishment of a Project Implementation Unit (PIU) in the short term to be in charge of managing all project activities.
Communication Manager is responsible to communicate effectively with media, civil society and internal organizations.
Provinces to travel:
· Strong knowledge of communication practices and techniques.
· Must be able to multitask and work well under pressure.
· Must be familiar with the needed computer skills.
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Making monthly, quarterly and yearly plan to achieve the organization’s goal.
- Having a good coordination and communication with media and sharing the news and newsletter accurately and timely manner.
- Create informative and interesting press releases, press kits, newsletters, and related marketing materials.
- Develop and implement effective communication strategies that build customer loyalty programs, brand awareness, and customer satisfaction.
- Prepare detailed media activity reports.
- Plan and manage the design, content, and production of all marketing materials.
- Respond to communication-related issues in a timely manner.
- Controlling the news, reports and achievements of SGR and MAIL to be published at the timely manner.
- Managing the press conferences, inviting the media and publishing the news and reports.
- Managing and controlling the Dehqan weekly, Web page of the MAIL and Social media.
- Managing and controlling the Video Documentary and video clips that is producing for SGR and MAIL.
- Managing the Public advertisement and sharing the information at the timely manner.
- Having good communication with the internal organizations and the projects that are working with MAIL.
- Managing and collecting the data from provinces, preparing the news, sharing it with media and publishing to website and social media.
- Managing all the data and information and news related to SGR and MAIL.
- Managing, Controlling and leading the staffs that are working in communication unite.
- Delivering the monthly, quarterly and yearly reports from achievements of the department.
- Doing other duties and responsibilities as it is needed to be done for better performance of the organization.
- Undertake other duties designated by SGR Project Director.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
The Communication Manager must have the following basic qualification and working experience:
· At least a Master degree in communications, journalism, public relations, MBA or relevant field.
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
· Excellent proven command of English, Dari and Pashto languages (writing, speaking and reading);
· Strong knowledge of the ability to use computer programs, specially MS Office, internet explorer and outlook;
· Strong working experience with national and international counterparts and experts;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and management skills;