|Date Posted:||Jan 1, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jan 11, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About RIZ Strategy Consulting:
National Emergency Operations Center (NEOC) for Polio Eradication, Afghanistan is the central location from which to coordinate the interventions for fighting against polio in the country. It provides a platform for all stakeholders to work directly and collaboratively, share information in real time, and formulate a joint plan of action. EOC under the leadership of National PEI & EPI Focal Polio (Senior Advisor of Public Health Minister) allowing for more immediate coordination and cooperation within the government and along with stakeholders at different levels. EOCs generate quicker, better synchronized, and more effective emergency responses to the Polio Eradication Initiative (PEI) Program in Afghanistan.
Communication Unit is an integral component under the NEOC structure with the overall role to assess the PEI program is achieving its set targets as describe in the program strategic document, National Emergency Action Plan (NEAP)2020. As per the expressed need, NEOC restructure its Communication officers’ position to strengthen the manpower of respective unit.
The incumbent/s will work within the NEOC to provide technical and administrative support in designing and implementation of NEOC communication Plan.
Requires travel to provinces:
· Mandatory local languages with excellent knowledge of English language
· Required computer skills in MS (excel, word, power point and email writing)
Duties & Responsibilities:
As part of the EOC team under the direct supervision of EOC Directorate and in close collaboration with relevant EOC Task Teams, will perform the following duties:
- To establish and maintain good working relations with relevant staff of the MoPH/Polio/EPI, other relevant government departments and to Provide over-all leadership on all aspects related to communication, social mobilization and advocacy in the polio eradication initiative for National EOC for the development of a strategic plan for polio/routine EPI communication and its implementation, UN agencies (such as WHO and UNICEF), NGOs and other stakeholders.
- To coordinate with polio partners all activities related to polio communication strategic planning, thus presenting a focal point for such responsibility.
- To ensure that all information, updates and new developments related to Polio communication, other interventions such as polio campaigns, Surveillance and routine EPI is regularly distributed to all stakeholders
- To prepare, in consultation with all partners, a draft strategic annual communication plan for consideration by the MoPH and other relevant government departments
- To facilitate final endorsement of the strategic plan and oversee its implementation
- To provide input on the development and implementation of relevant health policies regarding polio and routine EPI communication strategies
- Build communication program planning/management capacity of Regional EOCs, NEPI and PEMT staff via conducting quarterly review meetings/workshops and ToTs.
- Collect communication data from the field, compile and analyze for future planning.
- Oversee production and updating of training and IEC materials for all levels of the Social Mobilization Network.
- Participate in the Polio Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) meetings, and other PEI/EPI related meetings and ensure inter-sectoral support to the Polio Program
- Support close integration of polio communication activities into the campaign operational activities.
- Ensure regular monitoring and evaluation of key communication activities, especially social mobilization and work with polio partners to review and update
- Ensure mass media and special events (cultural, religious and recreational) involvement, IPC, development of IEC materials that provide key PEI messages to communities in a culturally sensitive and attractive manner
- Monitor and oversight the official website of the organization and do the necessary follow ups and regular update of the website
· To facilitate the timely creation distribution of press releases relating to polio eradication in Afghanistan,
· To update MoPH social media relating to polio news with at least 3 social media posts per week
· To create an MoPH factsheet about polio each month for distribution.
· To liaise with polio partners to facilitate media coverage in the Afghan and international press, including arranging interviews. At least two interviews per campaign.
· To contribute to quarterly newsletters on polio with factual information and photos.
· To facilitate advocacy efforts of polio programme by organizing monthly advocacy calendar.
· By translating, as needed, media and advocacy documents from English into Persian and/or Pashto.
· By supporting the Office of the President Polio Focal Point with his/her advocacy needs
· By supporting, as needed, efforts to test new IEC materials, field visits.
· By proposing 5 stories per month for Afghan media on themes related to polio.
The Officer’s performance will be continuously reviewed by supervisor and NEOC Director. However, formal performance review will be conducted in frequency set in the contract using different sources of data against his TOR, the work plan and the results.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
At least 5 years’ experience in communications, journalism, mass media or related field, or 3 years with master’s degree with experience in PEI and or EPI related fields, Experience in the polio program is an asset.
Bachelor’s or higher degree in Communications, Journalism, Literature, Public relations, Mass media and Public Health Related Fields