|Date Posted:||Jun 25, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jul 2, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Communication,Need Assessment ,Data Management,Monitoring and Evaluation,Research/Survey,Management,Legal,Media|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||6 month(s)|
About Afghan Journalists Safety Committee (AJSC) :
Afghan Journalists Safety Committee (AJSC) is an independent, nonprofit organization that supports press freedom in Afghanistan. We work towards the advancement of journalist safety and rights so that they can report in a safe and fearless environment. AJSC is based in Kabul and maintains a presence in every province of Afghanistan. AJSC was formed based on the recommendation of Kabul Conference on Freedom of Expression, which was organized in March 2009 by International Media Support (IMS). AJSC has a board of advisors composed of well-known media workers and civil society activists. AJSC’s executive section has official representatives in eight regions of the country and an unofficial focal point in the remaining 26 provinces. This has enabled AJSC to establish representation throughout the country and provide media workers with necessary help when needed.
Under the direct supervision of Operations Manager and overall supervision of executive director
M&E Officer is responsible to fully implement a comprehensive communication work plan and ensure that each activities performed are in line with the agreed and approved work plan of the organization is communicated using polite and professional language.
The purpose of this rule is to write professional reports and other written material, update the social websites, face-book, twitter and other pages of the organization. The incumbent is required to manage all communication tasks under his responsibility, in a manner that best represents the organization position in the country and to international partners.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Write about AJSC’s activities, including reports, press releases, op-eds, website content, etc. Write and edit all English-language content
· Design, carry out, write and edit surveys and research studies related to media and journalism in Afghanistan
· Update website content such as press releases, reports, organizational updates and other content
· Develop AJSC communication policies and procedures
· Review and update AJSC Social Media policy and guidelines
· Review and edit all English content of the organization
· Managing all social media accounts, including Facebook and Twitter
Contribution in Technical Document Development
· Fully contribute in developing, editing and finalizing press letters, pictorial message, audio/video messages and other related materials.
· Monitor online portals to find relevant RFPs, RFAs that suites AJSC’s work
· Contribute in developing proposals and concepts for the announced grants with the assistance of Executive Director and Operations Manager
· Create and develop concepts to be pitched for prospective donors
· Track organization activities and produce internal monthly reports
· Write, design and produce annual reports
· Assist the organization in recruitment of new staff, processing procurement bidder’s evaluation, developing M&E work-plan and other administrative works that occasionally can happen during short deadlines.
Qualifications and Skills:
· Excelling communication skills in Dari/Pashto and English both spoken and written.
· Bachelor degree in journalism, law, political science, communication, international relations or any other related field.
· At least 4 years of direct experience in communication, report writing, content development, editing, media monitoring and etc.
· Good computer knowledge including common Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook. Experience of using graphic soft-wares would be an advantage.
· Ability to drive in fast-paced work environment
· Willingness and ability to learn, solve problems and be good team-player.
· Be dynamic and energetic and respect diversities