|Date Posted:||Jan 26, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Feb 5, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||6 month(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Harakat- Afghanistan Investment Climate Facility (H-AICF):
Harakat – Afghanistan Investment Climate Facility Organization is an Afghan-led, independent and non-profit organization, which aims at improving Afghanistan’s business, trade, investment enabling environment and the private sector. Harakat promotes inclusive economic development through boosting national trades, investments and industries, and regional economic growth and integration. Harakat works with the private sector, the Government of Afghanistan, civil society and the regional and international development and trade communities to deliver activities in reducing/removing barriers to businesses and industries in the country. Harakat aspires to strengthen industries across Afghanistan to create jobs, reducing poverty, sustaining fiscal income by increased collection of taxes, contributing to peace and stability in the country.
The Communication Officer support the implementation of Harakat’s communication strategy in print and increased social media engagement. Furthermore, develop a core body of communications materials (Dari/Pashto/English) suitable for use with donors and other external stakeholders to demonstrate impact of Harakat’s mission and work in Afghanistan.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Support the implementation of Harakat’s communication strategy in print and increased social media engagement.
• In coordination with Senior Management, increase social media engagement and content calendar to highlight Harakat Afghanistan’s updates on social media channels
• Maintain analytics of media coverage, newsletter, and social media outreach
• Develop content for monthly electronic newsletter
• Manage Harakat’s web site updates, content editing and design changes.
• Develop a core body of communications materials (Dari/Pashto/English) suitable for use with donors and other external stakeholders to demonstrate impact of Harakat’s mission and work in Afghanistan
• Collect and develop human interest and success stories related to Harakat’s interventions for private sector development, economic growth, trade and investment in Afghanistan for use in donor reports, social media posts, and other communications materials.
• Develop a photo library for use in communications material and project teams.
• Support Senior Management to develop project communications strategies
• Support the design and layout of visual materials such as an electronic newsletter, social media posts, special reports and projects.
• Support the programme team in topics related to effective communications, such as identifying appropriate success stories for visual content collection.
• Maintain a sound understanding of changes to Harakat’s operating environment, and adjust messaging as necessary.
• Draft or edit, as required, communication documents such as press releases, reports and contributions to external communication actions.
• Identify strategic opportunities to advance Harakat’s messaging, both on a regular and issue-specific basis.
· • Bachelor Degree in Social Sciences, Communications, Public Relations, Media studies, Journalism or their equivalent from a recognized University with at least (3) years of work experience in private sector or development programs, including playing a significant role in external communications production.
• Excellent written and spoken Dari, Pashto, and English is required.
• Demonstrated understanding of the Afghanistan business and economic context and its opportunities and challenges.
• Familiarity with design and graphic software is required.
• The ability to support the development of visual (photo/video) content will be an advantage.
• Familiarity with the standards of writing, copy editing, and proof reading of reports, proposals and concept notes.
• Ability to improve written content with attention to detail.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to determine priorities and meet multiple deadlines.
• Detail-oriented with good multi-tasking abilities and communication skills, both oral and written.
• Able to work well both within a team and independently.
• Active, Self-confident and team player. Good conceptual, analytical and communication skills.
• Ability to work under pressure, long work hours, and high workload.
• Ability to independently organize work and prioritize tasks.
• Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible, and punctual.