|Date Posted:||Jul 29, 2017|
|Reference:||MoF/NATEJA/NSDP/Communication & Public Outreach Expert|
|Closing Date:||Aug 3, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyNone|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
The Communication & Public Outreach Expert facilitates the management of the overall Communication and information Management including the day today affairs of public outreach activities in MoLSAMD. The Communication & Public Outreach Expert will report to MoLSAMD-Deputy Minister for Admin & Finance and liaises the public outreach activities with communication unit of the MoLSAMD public outreach team and its relevant sub units:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Planning and elaboration of communications needs assessments for MoLSAMD projects and find out the linkages between the projects and overall MoLSAMD’s communication activities.
- Elaboration of the developmental projects communication strategy in compliance with the overall MoLSAMD strategy under the direct supervision of Deputy Minister for admin & finance based on the corporate communications strategy of the Ministry.
- Constructive and timely advice on inclusion of communications on Activities of project/program formulations to integrate advocacy and communication strategies into all aspects of the projects/programs development activities.
- Elaboration and implementation of the projects publications strategy and plan based on the corporate publications policy of the Ministry; and contribute to the development and expansion of the projects as well as MoLSAMD communication strategy.
- Identification and development of storylines for publications and substantive articles contributing to debates on key development issues.
- Coordination and management of all the projects & Ministry publication activities, including content management, norms for publishing, design, liaison with printing presses and other suppliers to oversee production and supervision of publications dissemination.
- Supervise the design and maintenance of the ministry website in close coordination with the projects Communication and public outreach units IT/MIS teams as well as the communications team of the Ministry, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Design of the Ministry websites based on corporate requirements in cooperation with the Information Technology experts of MoLSMAD.
- Supervision and preparation of the content for the websites ensuring consistency of the materials.
- Creation and promotion of campaigns to local and regional media that positions the projects and influences the development agenda based on current programs and new initiatives of MoLSAMD.
- Management, promotion and dissemination of corporate advocacy materials for launching flagship initiatives and publications of the different projects of MoLSAMD.
- Creation, promotion and maintenance of public information campaigns on the projects activities, results of developmental projects and strategies of ministry.
- Conducting promotional material and activities to position MoLSAMD's projects at national level.
- Increasing coverage and understanding of the Ministry & projects work in the country through development and maintenance of media contacts and providing newsworthy information to national public, international agencies and the donors.
- Development and maintenance of close contacts with government officials, multilateral and bilateral donors, civil society and private sector for implementation of the Ministry and it's projects communications strategy, organization of roundtable discussions, press conferences, briefing sessions, interviews, launches, etc.
- Ensuring access for journalists to subject matter experts.
- Preparing and dissemination of regular newsletter to donors, donor reports, community awareness where appropriate to support projects.
- Effective responding to inquiries for public information materials.
- Innovative and creative solutions to sensitive or corporately strategic public communications issues.
- Any other job related tasks assigned by the Deputy Minister for Admin and Finance or his designee.
At least 5 years of experience in the media related activities with at least a Bachelors degree from a reputable university in the areas of Journalism, media Management, English literature People Management. Previous experience in donor funded development projects, UN agencies of other INGO's are required, or in the public or the private sector would be an advantage.
Ability to speak read and write excellent Dari/Pashto and English, and produce reports in English for regular and continuous presentations
Ability to interact with senior Management and administrative staff in the Ministry
Ability to work with and be a partner of a team of diverse backgrounds
Ability to work efficiently and to meet deadlines
Ability to function effectively in a team environment inspiring trust and cooperation of other team members
Strong communication, negotiating skills and good interpersonal relations & Good quantitative skills and computer literate
Good knowledge of local media and public outreach practices
Effective Communication management skills
Effective Project Management Skills
Effective Knowledge transfer and Capacity Building Skills
Good Knowledge of working with people and representing the ministry.
Ability to work in critical situation and be able to manage conflicts
Effective organizational and management skills
Be able to communicate effectively both in the written and oral mode
Be culturally sensitive and possess good interpersonal skills
Be a self-starter and be able to work without supervision
Be well organized, reliable and able to deliver quality outcomes on time
Possess critical thinking and analytical skills