|Date Posted:||Jan 9, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Jan 24, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Economic Growth|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
AECOM seeks a Database Administrator for its USAID-funded Afghanistan Social Outreach Program (ASOP). Under the supervision of the DCOP the Communication Specialist will be responsible to design a comprehensive approach for planning, development and implementation of media and communication strategies as well as public relations activities, both external and internal. Media, public relation and communication strategies are vital for ensuring community participation in reducing gap between the Government of Afghanistan and the Afghan Rural Communities. The incumbent will enhance projectâ€™s success by applying proactive and reactive communications strategy. The Communications Officer will be Specialist will also be responsible for interacting and coordinating with Communication and Reporting Officers of Provincial Management Units on matters of interest to the ASOP in terms of provision of relevant information on the Program, especially for identification of people of political and religious influence for shura membership. The Communication Specialist will be responsible for managing the drafting and preparation of monthly and quarterly progress reports.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Design comprehensive media, communications and public relations program that will contribute to ASOP operational and managerial process. Enhance target communities and general public engagement by facilitating internal and external communications
2. Develop short and long term plans and budgets for the media/communications/Public relations program and its activities. Defining goals; analyzing problems and opportunities; liaising with management.
3. Design and develop publicity and training campaign for the target behavior and audience. This will include:
â€¢ Audience motivation: Consideration needs to be given to the factors that will motivate an audience to act in the way required, or to change their behavior.
â€¢ Message content: The message must be clear, unambiguous and directional.
â€¢ Media selection: The media used will depend largely on the target audience. It is necessary to consider where the targeted communities are likely to see a message, e.g. what newspaper do they tend to read, and issues such as literacy rates. Appropriate media for community outreach may include, but are not limited to: Leaflets, Posters, Radio, TV, Cinema, Billboards etc.
4. Coordinate with Communication and Reporting Officer of Provincial Management Unit (CRO/PMU) on drafting a list of potential candidates for district Shura membership.
1. University degree in communications, public administration, public relation, journalism or related field, with 3 years of relevant working experience. Or a Bachelor degree in the mentioned subjects with 5 years of relevant experience.
2. Have good Communication skills both written and verbal in Dari, Pashto and English languages.
3. Computer skills in MS. Office are required. Experience reporting to and briefing senior management on donor related issues
4. Ability to meet deadlines, manage time effectively and prioritize work tasks effectively.