|Date Posted:||Sep 10, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Sep 24, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Kardan University:
Founded in 2002, Kardan University is the first and leading private university in Afghanistan. Over 4,000 students, 25 per cent of whom are women, currently pursue diploma, undergraduate and graduate programs at Kardan University’s three campuses in Kabul. With an alumni network of 30,000, Kardan University is a household name in Afghanistan renowned for its academic excellence. More than 600 of Kardan University graduates have received prestigious graduate scholarships, including Fulbright, Chevening, DAAD and more.
Kardan University has received business program accreditation through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) and is candidate for accreditation with ACBSP and AACSB. We are also member of CHEA International Quality Group (CIQG), Asia Pacific Quality Network (APQN) and Global Business School Network (GBSN).
In 2012, Kardan University helped lay the foundation of the Association of Private Universities and Institutes of Higher Education in Afghanistan and served as its elected Chair for two consecutive terms. Kardan University’s strategic initiatives are articulated in its Vision of Excellence, a five-year strategic plan (2015-2020), promoting excellence in research, faculty development, student growth and public engagement.
In September 2018, Kardan University earned Ministry of Higher Education’s national accreditation and became the top ranking institution among both public and private universities in Afghanistan.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer of Kardan University, the University Communications Manager will work closely with a dedicated team of communications professionals to develop quality design and content, creative video production and execute social media and website strategy to promote the University both internal and external audiences. He/she will be the lead Manager to design, manage, and evaluate Kardan University’s communications and external relations priorities, meaningfully advancing the University’s strategic priorities.Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer of Kardan University, the University Communications Manager will work closely with a dedicated team of communications professionals to develop quality design and content, creative video production and execute social media and website strategy to promote the University both internal and external audiences. He/she will be the lead Manager to design, manage, and evaluate Kardan University’s communications and external relations priorities, meaningfully advancing the University’s strategic priorities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Management and Coordination
- Work with Creative Advisor, Creative Specialist and Content Strategist to develop the University’s overall communication strategy, branding and social media policy and develop plans and reporting system to deliver communications objectives.
- Oversee and ensure the effective implementation of communications strategy, branding and social media policies.
- Work with Creative Advisor, Creative Specialist and multimedia specialists to develop videos, graphics and publications while ensuring compliance with the University’s quality standards and branding strategy.
- Collaborate with the Content Strategist and Communications Specialists to develop, review and edit content and deliver quality publications that meet the University’s standards.
- Develop and lead website development plans and introduce measures to improve website design and content.
- Develop and oversee social media engagement and outreach efforts and constantly introduce measures to enhance quality and achieve targets.
- Design and deliver on results-oriented admission campaigns in coordination with the academic teams and the University leadership.
- Ensure that the team planning and reporting efforts are coordinated and delivered in a timely fashion.
- Represent the Communications team at various management meetings.
- Promote Kardan University’s graduate and undergraduate programs, student services, success center and facilities through a variety of communication tools including brochures, leaflets, newsletters, magazines, prospectus, and photography and videography.
- Work with Content Strategist and Communications Specialists and officers to develop content strategy that meets the University’s standards and requirements.
- Lead the Content Strategist and Communications Specialists to develop quality content and communication materials including newsletters, journals, magazines, newsletters and articles to promote the University’s programs.
- Review, verify and approve facts and accuracy of information and overall content in articles, stories, newsletters, magazines, posters and all publications of the University.
- Train the team on content development, editing, reviewing and proofreading principles.
- Research and write press releases, and content for Kardan University’s website, blogs, social media and newsletters as required.
Creative & Multimedia Design
- Lead and oversee the design of high quality brochures, logos, newsletters, journals, posters and other marketing and communications materials.
- Advise and instruct the production team on video production, photography and creativity in design, layout, color and other details while ensuring compliance with the branding guidelines.
- Choose topics for video, develop concept note, write scripts and work with the team to develop high quality videos.
- Have MA in journalism, communications, marketing or a relevant field from an accredited national or international academic institution.
- Have at least 5 years of professional experience in the media industry with a focus on marketing, communications and production.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills especially in English and Dari languages.
- Have exceptional ability in content development, proofreading and editing.
- Have outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills.