|Date Posted:||Jul 13, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Jul 26, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Communication,Media,Report writing,Data analysis,Coordination,Management|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Afghan Journalists Safety Committee (AJSC) :
Afghan Journalists Safety Committee (AJSC) is the largest body supporting journalists and a free, independent, and professional media sector in Afghanistan. The Committee is an independent, non-profit organization whose primary mission is to improve the safety of journalists and to uphold the values of media freedom and freedom of expression. AJSC is headquartered in Kabul and has representatives in 34 provinces. In addition, the organization maintains close cooperation and coordination on issues related to press freedom with most international organizations supporting media freedom and journalist safety in Afghanistan.
Under the direct supervision of the Operations Manager and overall supervision of executive director, communications specialist is responsible to fully implement a comprehensive communication work plan and ensure that each activities performed are in line with the agreed and approved work plan of the organization and is communicated using polite and professional language.
The purpose of this rule is to write professional reports and other written material, maintain the AJSC website, update AJSC's social pages (Facebook, Twitter) and other pages of the organization. The incumbent is required to manage all communication tasks under his responsibility, in a manner that best represents the organization's position in the country and to international partners.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Write about AJSC’s activities, including reports, press releases, website content, etc. Write and edit all English-language content
- Design, carry out, write and edit surveys and research studies related to media and journalism in Afghanistan
- Take professional-style videos/photos of events, seminars, and workshops for publishing on social media and the AJSC website.
- Translate press releases, reports, and other contents related to the organization's activities
- Assist in implementing AJSC communication policies and procedures
- Assist and contribute in reviewing and updating AJSC Social Media policy and guidelines
- Review and edit all English content related to the organization's activities
- Review viewer’s feedbacks under AJSC posts in social media provide summary reports.
- Managing all social media accounts, including Facebook and Twitter
Assistance in Technical Document Development:
- Fully contribute in developing, editing, and finalizing press letters, pictorial messages, audio/video messages, and other related materials.
- Monitor online portals to find relevant RFPs, RFAs that suites AJSC’s work
- Assist in developing proposals and concepts for the announced grants with the assistance of Executive Director and Operations Manager
- Assist in creating and developing concepts to be submitted for prospective donors
- Track organization activities and produce internal monthly reports
- Assist the Operations Manager in writing monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Assist the organization in the recruitment of new staff, processing procurement bidder’s evaluation, developing M&E work-plan, and other administrative works that occasionally can happen during short deadlines.
- Excelling communications skills in Dari/Pashto and English both spoken and written.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, public policy/administration, law, political science, communication, international relations, or any other related field.
- At least 4 years of direct experience in communication, report writing, content development, editing, media monitoring and etc.
- Good computer knowledge including common Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook. Experience in using graphic soft-wares would be an advantage.
- Ability to drive in a fast-paced work environment
- Willingness and ability to learn, solve problems and be a good team player.
- Be dynamic and energetic and respect diversities