|Date Posted:||May 9, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 21, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||5|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 - 2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1Year & 6 Months|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About World Vision International :
The World Vision Afghanistan (WVA) has been working in Badghis, Herat and Ghor provinces for more than10 years addressing health, education and livelihood and protection issues to improve the well-being of girls and boys. The relationship with the Afghanistan government at the national, provincial, district and village levels is very strong, as is the relationship with the communities in which WVA works. Together with the government and the communities in the target areas, WVA has been working to achieve its national strategy for improving the survival and well being of Afghan girls and boys through building the foundation for a better future for them, their families, and their communities.
Note:Subject to donor's approval
Mobilize communities for rehabilitation of small irrigation canals used to capture and transport water from sources such as karizees (wells) and springs through short-term employment (cash for work) for community members; building the capacity of households on soil and water conservation; and supporting families, particularly female-headed households to establish kitchen vegetable gardens in Badghis province.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Dari, - Fluent Written & Speaking
- Substantial field and community development experience with development projects
- Excellent analytical/ problem-solving skills and detail orientation.
- Excellent local communication and facilitation skills (oral and written).
- Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment.
- Hardship conditions with limited resources.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. In collaboration with Project Manager, contact religious and community leaders for discussion to establish acceptance and support for the project activities.
2. Visit and discuss with the communities in their respective villages regarding common Agricultural and Food Security issues and challenges.
3. Raise awareness about the goal and activities of the project in their targeted community.
4. Identify and select small irrigation canals to be rehabilitated, identify the most vulnerable household for project intervention in Agriculture and Food security.
5. Identify the most vulnerable households for rehabilitation of small irrigation canals,
building the capacity of households on soil and water conservation and supporting families, particularly female-headed households to establish kitchen vegetable gardens in Badghis province.
6. Identify successes of the project in the community and support the documentation of success stories in the target villages.
7. Work Closely with DAIL extension workers to share knowledge.
8. Conduct ‘hands on’ training to kitchen Gardening beneficiaries on how to establish,plant,care for and harvest produce from a kitchen garden.
9. In collaboration with Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator, facilitate reflection meetings at community level to assess the progress and gaps of the project.
10. Facilitate strong networking and partnership with local community members, especially with religious and community leaders.
11. Prepare monthly activity plan and report on activities conducted in the community.
Perform any other
Job Location:Afghanistan, Badghis
- At least one year work experience with the community.
- Able to work in a cross-cultural environment with multi-national and international staff.