|Date Posted:||Nov 27, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Dec 5, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||4|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 3 Years|
To support the Integrated Nutrition / Health and MHCP response to reduce excess child morbidity and mortality for the promotion of pre-defined good practices and behavior change in high risky provinces of Afghanistan under RRT program.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Previous experiences working in health/ nutrition and MHCP activities at community level
- Excellent communication with communities
- Good training & demonstration skills
- Having a high flexibility
· Good planning, organizing and reporting kills.
- Ability to manage working environment according to local culture
- Fluent in local languages (Dari & Pashto), Knowledge of English language is a plus.
- Knowledge of intervention area is a plus
- Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate
Duties & Responsibilities:
Objective 1: Implementation community based health and nutrition promotion
· Establish community –based health and nutrition promotion committees (male & female) in the catchment areas of RRT services.
· Conduct project inception meeting with local community elders in RRT catchment areas.
· Plan, organize and realize daily and monthly orientation sessions, according to the methodology defined, regarding health/nutrition and MHCP relevant messaged to the health and nutrition promotion committees.
· Organize regular community sensitization sessions in RRT catchment area.
· Record the necessary information in the relevant reporting tools.
Objective2: Performing health and nutrition education and counselling sessions:
· Prepared all the material for the health and promotion education sessions
· Conduct regular health/ nutrition and MHPSS education sessions to all clients who are visiting RRT services.
· Provide education and counselling sessions on health/nutrition and MHPSS to clients.
· Promote behavior changes of clients on health/nutrition and MHPSS in RRT catchment areas.
· Use pictorial IEC materials during education and counselling sessions.
· Distribute program relevant IEC to BNFs in RRT catchment areas.
· Record all information in the designed/validated reporting tools.
Objective 3: Represent AAH at community level
· Present the professional image of the organization related program to relevant communities.
· Respect for the principals and values of the organization in the framework of the partnership.
· Respect AAH charter/ policies and procedures.
· Develop contacts and explain to stakeholders and populations the activities and the objectives of the programs.
· Represent the organization with the beneficiaries with the agreement of the hierarchical supervisor.
· Inform local authorities about all aspects of the programs
· Involve and inform the communities in the implementation of the program
· Work in collaboration with the stakeholders.
Objective 4: Perform screening and GMP to under 5 children & PLWs in the community
· Perform screening & Growth monitoring promotion to all U5 children at community level (Active Screening in the community)
· Detect and refer malnourished cases to RRT site
· Classification of all U5 children in categories of well-nourished and Acute Malnutrition (SAM & MAM).
· Keep record of all screened BNFs in the relevant reporting tools.
Objective 5: Prepare all the material /Reporting and documentation
· Before leaving the office ensure all the material is ready and active (relevant equipment’s, registers, nutritional supplies, medicines…).
· Keep all items in the field very well, after the field visit, clean, and prepare the using in coming day.
· Update all reporting tools on daily basis.
· Keep and maintain a good filing system for all documents
· Prepare the reports (Daily, Weekly and monthly) according to the standard reporting tools.
· Reporting challenges – way of forwards / successes to line manager.
· Assist line supervisor on performing other duties assigned by the organization.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Parwan
Graduate from recognized institute (Public health, Nursing, midwifery).
At least 2 years’ experience in the field of health and nutrition.
3 years experiences in the field of health and nutrition at community level.
Experience in behavioral change promotion is preferred.