|Date Posted:||Nov 11, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Dec 10, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 8 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Urban Health Initiative (UHI) - USAID:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Community Health Specialist (UHI project)
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position Community Health Specialist for an anticipated multiyear USAID Urban Health Initiative (UHI) in Afghanistan. The activity aims to improve health outcomes through improved availability and quality of high-impact, sustainable, accessible, and quality health and nutrition services within urban settings of Afghanistan. The project also will work with the Ministry of Public Health, the private sector, and nascent professional accreditation bodies to improve governance and quality assurance of FP/MNCH, TB, and nutrition services in urban areas.
This position is subject to project award and funding.
The Community Health Specialist will be an FHI 360 employee working in and placed at the UHI office in Kabul. Under the guidance of the Technical Director, the Community Health Specialist will assist with be responsible for managing and implementing the community health program component of the UHI project. The individual will provide technical support to local partners, civil society organizations, community groups who are working towards strengthening health care facilities in Afghanistan.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Working closely with partner organizations assessing community health needs and advocating and creating awareness the health needs identified.
· Developing strategic methods to engage communities in efforts to improve health and coordinate community outreach efforts in coordination with team members
· Develop and implement programs that increase awareness and educate communities on FP/MNCH, TB topics and to improve utilization of services.
· Collaborating with team members to develop tools and materials that can be used in community-based health promotion efforts.
· Capacity building of community health workers and periodic monitoring of their activities and reports
· Ensuring delivery of community interventions in-line with national guidelines and norms.
· Assisting with the implementation of the project by monitoring and documenting technical assistance and mentorship approaches, processes, and outcomes.
· Preparing reports and papers summarizing project results, assists with publications, web pages and presentation development, technical briefs, or other necessary documents to facilitate research, best practices, policies and procedures related to community health programming.
· Conducting analysis of program implementation to identify areas for improvement and propose appropriate technical assistance strategy and guidelines.
· Willingness to travel to regional urban capitals for technical assistance provision and quality assurance.
· Master’s degree in health, public health or related field or trained in midwifery.
· 5-8 years of technical assistance experience in health program management, community mobilization, intersectoral collaboration, IEC/BCC activities, quality control, data handing,
· Proficiency with database management software, Microsoft Office Suite, and on-line search tools required.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Dari; Pashto fluency is highly desired.
· Has sensitivity to cultural diversity and understanding of the political, contextual, and ethical issues in assigned areas.
· Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with stakeholders.
· Prior work experience in a similar position within a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private company.
· Excellent organizational and analytical skills and strong ability to manage and meet multiple tasks.
· Substantial experience of developing working relations with stakeholders and beneficiaries; clinical skill training and capacity development experience preferred.
· Working knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures with providing technical support for family planning and reproductive health activities/ projects highly desired.
- Qualified female candidates particularly encouraged to apply