|Date Posted:||Aug 9, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Aug 19, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Salary Range:||8000 - 11000 USD undefinedUSD|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Afghan Women Resource Center:
The Afghan Womenâ€™s Resource Center (AWRC) was founded by a group of over 80 educated Afghan women from various backgrounds, in August 1989. This was at a time when most relief work was being implemented by international organizations, and very few Afghan women participated in the process. The female refugee community began to realize that their real needs and interests could not be addressed, without their active participation in relief activities for women. This gave birth to the idea of an organization run by Afghan women to help Afghan women. From the very beginning, AWRC aimed at serving as a focal point of resources and information for Afghan women from all walks of life.
This project aims to contribute to the overall objective of strengthening equal citizensâ€™ participation in the electoral and decision-making processes towards democracy building in Afghanistan. This initiative is designed to increase the role of citizens, and in particular women, by enhancing their understanding of, and involvement in, the electoral and public decision-making processes, by endorsing and advocating for equal gender rights and accountability in the democratic context.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To identify potential beneficiaries and register their profile in AWRC potential register.
- To assist in selection of beneficiaries;
- To keep community informed about AWRC role, contribution and benefits for their development;
- To assist department in conducting meetings, workshops and trainings in all regions where AWRC is actively involved;
- To directly involved in campaigns/workshops/events process as per instruction given by supervisor.
- To participate in researches conduction as required;
- To search community difficulties and analysis them with the help of manager.
- To keep AWRC informed about the needs of the community through conducting need assessment;
- To follow up the work of AWRC beneficiaries through home visits.
- To make proper documentation for each visit using relevant form provided by relevant line manager;
- To share finding, weakness / strengths of each beneficiaries with the concern staff/supervisor
- To maintain accurate and timely written documentation in community files, (from entry to exit);
- To participate in meetings in local level;
o Graduated from university is preferable;
o At least two years experience in community work
o Being an active mobilizer,
o Excellent communication skills (oral preferred)
o Ability to travel;