|Date Posted:||May 9, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 19, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||24|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 - 3 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About BRAC Afghanistan:
BRAC is a nongovernmental development organization originated in Bangladesh and currently working in 10 countries in Asia and Africa. BRAC began its operation in Afghanistan in 2002, has been implementing its specialized programs in education, health, youth development, ultra-poor, national solidarity and safety net, as well as capacity development in the country
Community Mobilizer is responsible for implementing the project activities in field through teachers & students’ selection as per the policy and procedures by mobilizing the target groups. She will enhance the teachers' quality conducting refresher and school visit for ensuring the quality of education.
Requires travel to provinces:
· Good communication skills particularly in local language (Dari/Pashtu)
· Speaking and writing ability in English
· Good knowledge in Child education system in Afghanistan
· Computer literacy with good knowledge
· Employee must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently or in a team environment.
· Organizational and time management skills are needed to ensure programs are completed by the scheduled time.
· Interpersonal skills needed to work with a variety of people throughout the organization.
· Being honest and responsible
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Communicate with IDP’s, Returnees and Refugees communities, organize meeting and orient them as per project guidelines
· Carry out the survey for the selection of school location, school house, students and teachers for schools
· Implement Child Protection Policy and Child Safeguarding issues in all Levels
· Take steps to open schools according to the policy and procedures
· Supervise the schools regularly, ensuring students attendance and support to teachers for ensuring the quality education
· Provide necessary logistics to the teachers for smooth operation of school program
· Enhance the capacity of the teachers through arranging monthly refresher courses for teachers, ensure community involvement in the project implementation by arranging and conducting community meeting, mothers meeting and School Management Committee meeting for running program smoothly.
· Conduct meeting with community leaders of the selected communities and orient them aboutCommunity Based Education (CBE), Accelerated Learning Program (ALP), Mosque Based Education (MBE), Early Learning Centers (ELC), Temporary Learning Spaces (TLS) classes
- Assist the community to establish Education Management Committee in the particular area
· Solve the social related problems to school operation in consultation with the concern authority
Prepare necessary report according to the requirements of the project
Job Location:Afghanistan, Herat
14/16 Grade Graduation