|Date Posted:||May 13, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 24, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Functional Area:||Social Science|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
Welthungerhilfe it is one of Germany's biggest non-governmental relief organizations. Non-profit making, politically independent and non-denominational, the organization is run by a Supervisory Board of honorary members under the patronage of the President of the Federal Republic of Germany. Its work is funded by private donations and public grants. Welthungerhilfe is working since the 1980’s continuously in Afghanistan and opened the first offices in 1992. Since this time Welthungerhilfe has implemented some 165 project in Afghanistan. Main fields of Welthungerhilfe intervention in Afghanistan are emergency relief, food and nutrition security, rural and regional development and water and sanitation.
Ensure effective community mobilization at community and CDCs level in order to share and clarify project objectives, intended interventions and activities; and to come to a mutual understanding and agreement to support each other to implement interventions and activities within the project target areas.
Requires travel to provinces:
· Relationship, rapport and team building skills.
· Communication and negotiation skills
· Training and facilitation skills
· Analytical and result orientation skill
· Organized, team player, proactive attitude and ability to multi-task;
· Time and stress management skills
· Problem solving and basic counseling skills
· Effective verbal written communications skills
· Working knowledge in English, knowledge of local languages (Dari,Pahto …)
· Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Develop repport and establish an excellent working relation with local communities and CDCs.
· Facilitate repeated discussions and meeting with CDCs, elderly and opinion leaders, clarify project objectives, implementation processes and expected benefits to the communities.
· Ensure that communities are reached to a mutual understanding and decision to be engaged in project activities within project and organizational framework; meeting notes and agreements are documented.
· Engage in forming or reactivating Community Development Councils, Village Organizations, Farmers Field Schools, Self Help Groups or thematic Management Committees are.
· Undertake a collaborative approach for gender mainstreaming to ensure community acceptance and decision making for identification and access to the intended target groups.
· Support, reinforce and promote local governance structures to ensure that communities at the grassroots level have a communications channel to voice their needs and resolve their disputes.
· Ensure that project community mobilization strategy, indicators & activities are successfully implemented.
· Actively participate in workshops, coordination meetings and capacity building trainings
· Adjust current implementing strategy of community mobilization related activities upon needs of beneficiaries and/or request of the management team.
· Maintain weekly reporting formats on progress updates, lesson learnt and best practices on community mobilization with field data and special case stories for reporting and publication.
· Provide accurate information timely to the management team on topics, issues and developments related to the project’s community mobilization to address those timely.
· Actively participate in meeting, ensure quality implementation, systematically identifying weaknesses and strengths in WHH community mobilization expertise and report findings.
· Support the management team in devising the technical and operational community mobilization activities.
· Aim to continuously develop personal and organizational expertise (using training, distance study, experience sharing with partners etc.).
· Develop and maintain contacts with relevant stakeholders, as required.
· Maintain systematic and transparent filing system.
Any other activities are assigned by the line manager in line with WHH policy framework.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Samangan
· Graduation degree (at least Bachelorette) or university degree in Social Sciences or any other relevant fields.
· At least 3 – 5 years of working experience in a similar role at a national or international NGO
· Previous experiences working in food security and nutrition, natural resources management project with both female and male is a distinct advantage.
· Clear conceptual understanding and practical experience on analysis of local socio-cultural context and situation, rural power structures and dynamics in Afghanistan.
· Ability to facilitate meeting, workshops and gatherings to reach its required outputs; engender a sense of belonging and ownership to the decisions made;
Ability to work and be comfortable in complex and volatile security situations in a rural setting with incomplete information
The applicants should complete & submit only the WHH Recruitment Form with resume to the following email address and HR Database will not accept only resume of applicant.
Note: Only application send to below address will be considered. Applications send to any other address even within the organization cannot be considered.
Please put the vacancy number and job title in your email subject or otherwise your email will reject from resume database.