|Date Posted:||Apr 27, 2017|
|Closing Date:||May 5, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||3|
|Functional Area:||Human Resources|
|Salary Range:||23683 AFG monthlyAFG|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||2 months|
- The professional image of his/her ACF programme
- Respect for the principles and values of ACF in the framework of the partnership
- Respect ACF charter.
- Develop contacts and explain to communities and to populations the activities and the objectives of the programs;
- Represent the organisation with the beneficiaries with the agreement of the hierarchical supervisor.
- Involve and inform the communities in the implementation of the program;
Duties & Responsibilities:
Mission 1: Community mobilisation and sensitization
- Liaise with community leaders (Mullas/ Shuras), committees and other stakeholders to seek for their support and participation in project activities.
- Support the DPM in the organization and leading of meetings at community levels on a need basis.
- Organise and ensure radio broadcasts promoting good nutrition and health practices
- Participate in elaboration of IEC materials for community mobilisation and sensitization.
- Assist in the dissemination of relevant IEC materials on Nutrition & Health
- Supervise nutrition and health promotion activities at community level
- Report any problem/challenges faced in the field.
- Implement hands-on exercises, demonstrations and role games with the community.
- Make home visits to inform and motivate families to improve on their nutrition and health practices, where necessary.
- Participate in the pre-implementation assessment in the field.
Mission 2: Promotion of MUAC strategy
- Sensitize/ orient community leaders within catchment area on Mother MUAC strategy.
- Train mothers on nutrition screening using MUAC and checking of oedema.
- Supply and ensure that all trained mothers on Mother MUAC receive Colored banded MUAC tapes and IECs
- Identify Mother Leaders to act as focal persons, based on agreed selection criteria.
- Regularly submit activity reports
- Participate in the elaboration of the implementation strategy
- Prepare and ensure that materials needed is available and in good quality before going on the field.
- Plan, organize and realize sessions, according to the methodology defined in the Mother MUAC strategy guide.
- Conduct periodic follow-up trainings and sensitization on Mother MUAC.
- Liaise with health facility teams to ensure integration of Mother MUAC sensitization activities in routine nutrition and health education sessions.
Public health or teacher diploma is preferred
Public health or teacher diploma is preferred.
- Experience in Nutrition and Health promotion,
- Excellent communication with people
- Excellent training skills
- Excellent skills in planning of activities
- Sense of confidentiality
- Good organizational capacity
- Excellent knowledge of the intervention area
- Excellent knowledge of local languages (Pashto)