|Date Posted:||Aug 6, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Aug 20, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade CAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Checchi and Company Consulting, Inc.:
The objective of the Assistance for the Development of Afghan Legal Access and Transparency (ADALAT) Project is to improve citizen access to justice services based on Afghan law. ADALAT aims to increase the effectiveness and reach of the formal justice sector, strengthen linkages between the formal and traditional justice sectors, and increase citizen demand for quality legal services.
The Compliance Officer will provide support to the Grants, Subcontracts and Compliance Manager in overseeing all grants administrative. S/he will work closely with Grants, Subcontracts and Compliance Manager in performing other duties in support of the overall compliance activities.
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Work with Subcontracts, Grants & Compliance (SGC) Department to complete subcontracts and support the request for proposal (RFP) and bid analysis processes
· Facilitate communication and follow-up documentation with subcontractors during the bid phase to guarantee transparency. Document all communications to include but not limited to email communication and responses, telephone calls and in person meetings.
· Draft subcontracts, bid matrix, technical and cost review documents, modifications, spreadsheets, RFPs, negotiation memos, award memos and other compliance-related documents as required
· Conduct review of documents (e.g., vouchers, award documents, RFP/RFQ) to make sure they are in line with all relevant policies, procedures, and regulations as noted above
· Establish and maintain a clean, thorough filing system (electronic, paper, binder) for all subcontract related documents. Ensure the management of all filing systems, binders, records, spreadsheets and documents are maintained audit ready at all times daily
· Assist developing scopes of work and bid documents
· Assist with subcontractor negotiations
· Process and facilitate subcontractor payments timely
· Create excel spreadsheets for tracking subcontracts and disbursements
· Complete monthly cost projections to ensure funding availability by Finance
· Ensure that all Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GIRoA) subcontract-related tax regulations for procured goods and services are followed
· Ensure all property purchased on subcontracts are tagged in accordance with USAID regulations as required. Notify the ADALAT Logistic Specialist of any property tagging requirements.
· In coordination with the M&E Manager, provide assistance and support in the monitoring and evaluation of subcontract implementation perimeters.
· Prepare activity reports
· Maintain updated and accurate filling system
· Travel to provinces as required.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· Bachelor degree with 5 years experience in the related field.
· Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in contract management, business administration or similar field preferred.
· Minimum of 2-3 years of experience working with subcontracts, compliance and/or procurement for USAID, NGOs or an international organization is preferred.
· Experience and understanding of the FAR, USAID and USG subcontracts and grant rules and regulations.
· Demonstrated experience with all facets of subcontract process, including an understanding of the different variety subcontracts such as Firm Fix Price, Subcontracts, Cost Reimbursable Subcontracts and Indefinite Deliverable Indefinite Quantity Subcontracts.
· Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity and gender.
· Must have the ability to work independently, effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment.
· Must be flexible and willing to perform other duties as requested by SGCM Manager.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work with all levels and functions within the company.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office package, especially Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Word.