|Date Posted:||Nov 7, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Nov 23, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 undefineds|
About Islamic Bank of Afghanistan:
One of the leading Islamic banking and finance institutions in Afghanistan, Islamic Bank of Afghanistan has been serving as a banking organization integrated with the Law of Banking in Afghanistan and licensed under Da Afghanistan Bank (DAB). Since 2009, Islamic Bank of Afghanistan has been working under the acquisition of Azizi Group, a 100% subsidiary of Azizi Bank. As of now, the IBA has established 62 branches across the country with over 800 highly trained and skilled professionals. The bank is committed to foster a sound financial body with a vision to ensure the greatest safety and security to its clientele
The Compliance Officer provides support in the areas of bank compliance, AML/CFT and fraud detection and investigation to ensure all regulatory requirements are met and to protect the bank from losses. Additionally, the Compliance Officer is responsible for organizing, investigating, and monitoring customer transactions, ensuring compliance with all regulatory recordkeeping and reporting requirements, assist in maintaining related policies and procedures and other reporting responsibilities as assigned.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Excellent communication skills (Pashto, Dari, English).
- Proficiency in Computer Programs.
- Self-motivated, team-oriented, ability to multi-task.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, and lead collaborative efforts to improve client business processes.
- Conduct consultative collaboration sessions and/or discussions with internal staff as well as with branch managers within the client company in order to: 1) Respond to regulatory examination issues; 2) Correct compliance deficiencies; and 3) Review internal compliance processes and controls.
- Develop, train, manage, and mentor Compliance Associates on the areas and assess both personal and professional performance for engagement
- Effectively manage work and communicate with staff and clients to ensure compliance processes and operations meet required regulations.
- Manage, understand, and keep current with banking compliance regulations trends or issues, in order to recommend and/or develop processes and procedures to implement changes to better serve the client.
- Visiting clients business area .
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
- Coordination with Compliance staffs in order for sound activities of compliance duties and responsibilities.
- To assist in conducting independent review to ascertain the effectiveness of the internal control and compliance with regulatory requirements and guidelines.
- To assist in developing compliance review program to ensure legal and regulatory requirements are properly covered in the independent compliance review and on-going compliance monitoring.
- To assist in preparing compliance review reports with findings and recommendations for enhancing compliance monitoring systems.
- Any other tasks my assign by supervisor time to time.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
with 3 years of experience
Interested candidates should submit their updated CV’s and Cover Letter, to the following E-mail and mention the vacancy title and number in Subject line. (Compliance Officer- IBA-23/2019). Only short listed candidates who meet the above criterion will be contacted for written test/ Interview.