|Date Posted:||Jan 12, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Jan 18, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 Year|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Afghanistan International Bank:
Afghanistan International Bank (Incorporated in March 2004) is the first private bank in the country promoted by Asian Development Bank (ADB) and some of the prominent business houses of the country headquartered at Kabul. Within 15 years of commencing business the Bank has grown rapidly throughout the country. AIB believes in developing its people through continuous investment in training and giving larger opportunities to those who grow with the bank. With professional management team ensuring high standards of corporate governance and a professional work environment where every manager is committed to train and develop his people is what makes AIB an employer of choice.
KYC Unit, is responsible for accurately reviewing / processing / approving and/or rejecting customers related documents such as: All types account opening forms + required documents, all kind of official letters, account closure forms, adding/removing signatories, customer Risk Rating, Customer Screening etc…) reaching the unit through the centralized banking database “File-up”,
In addition to above, the unit is directly responsible for reviewing / processing / approving and/or rejecting the said documents no limited to above during account opening and/or KYC Update process from prospects of AML/CFT & Sanctions controls according to the Bank AML policy, Branches and Compliance Departments Standard Operating Procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Document checking
- Responsible to accurately review / process / approve and/or reject the customer related documents reaching KYC Unit through the centralize banking database “DMS System interface”, from branches, such as: All types ISB accounts opening forms + required documents, all kind of official letters, account closure forms, adding/removing signatories, customer Risk Rating, customer screening, identifying source of fund / source of wealth, proper customer identification etc. daily routine according to the bank policy / procedures.
- Make sure that every single customer document(s) along with the account opening form(s) is/are in Compliance with the Bank policies / procedures and if anything is not in line the document(s) should be revised by related branches before processing.
- Make sure that all Natural / Legal persons’ names including but not limited to president / vice president / Directors / UBOs / Signatories of accounts are accurately screened against lists in FACTIVA Interface / Compliance link during customer on-boarding / KYC Update process and batch screening, to avoid opening or maintaining accounts for persons / entities which are black listed or are under different types of sanctions.
3. Communication (Verbal and in writing)
- Make sure to properly communicate with branches and Static Data Department to solve the customer account’s issues / problems on priority basis according to the bank AML policy, Branches and Compliance Department SOPs.
- Is responsible to respond to each call and reply related emails on time without delay in proper manner.
4. Record Keeping
- Make sure to properly keeping records of all necessary documents, both in hard and soft files incase it’s required for any purposes.
Head of Compliance
Assistant Manager / Manager
ISB Compliance officer KYC / Compliance
Islamic Banking Department
5. Reporting and MIS
- Make sure to maintain / keep proper & accurate MIS reports which are already designed both for customer on boarding and/or KYC update sections and report periodically and when it is required.
6. Passport check
- Make sure to properly screen all Electronic Passports in Passport reader machine/system for genuineness before customer on-boarding / KYC Update process.
7. Cautions and responsibilities
- Ensure to have close eyes / monitoring on all cases of AML / CFT & Sanctions within the Compliance Department / KYC Unit.
- Make sure to support Assistant Manager - KYC in developing and/or implementing of process for Anti-Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing rules, Laws, Regulations & Sanctions in KYC Unit.
- Ensure to detect any types of fraud cases by and through the KYC team and report to Head of Compliance / MIU Team for further necessary actions according to the bank policy and procedures.
- Be vigilant to identify and urgently report any Suspicious Activities/ Documents Transactions of customers to supervisor and or Monitoring & Investigation Unit for their further review.
- Ensure, Customer Risk Rating is properly and accurately performed.
- Ensure, PEP list is properly maintained in Excel MIS and Acuity private lists.
- Ensure to properly and accurately apply standards for CDD / EDD measures, obtain PEP approval from Senior Manager or Delegate and have maintain proper approvals for by defaults high risk customers from bank management before customer on-boarding / KYC update process.
- Make sure to control all documents in file system (DMS) database on daily basis for accuracy and on time processing of requests.
- Any additional task which assigned by supervisor.
1. Bachelor degree in Law / Economics
2. Familiarized with Bank software, General Polices, Banking Laws
3. Certification in ISB related fields (Preferred)
4. Holder of banking certificates. (Preferred)
5. AML/CFT certified. (Preferred)
At least 1 years of experience bank compliance or 2 year experience in Branch Banking.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Important Application Information:
AIB is committed to a diverse workforce and encourage all eligible local applicants, irrespective of gender, disability, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply.
External Applicants need to visit jobs.af website and apply online through the site.
Failure to comply with above guidelines or sharing incomplete information will lead to disqualification of your application.
Short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for written test and interview. If you did not receive a response within two weeks after closing date, it means you are not shortlisted
We are highly encouraging qualified and eligible disable candidates to apply.