|Date Posted:||Nov 21, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Nov 25, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ghazanfar Bank:
Ghazanfar Bank, a full-fledged licensed commercial Bank, commenced its operations in March 2009. The Share Holders of the Bank belongs to one of the leading business groups of Afghanistan. As a leading business house Ghazanfar Group is involved in various key businesses sectors as a front runner such as import and distribution of Petroleum/Gas and other various important industrial sectors. Ghazanfar Bank started off its operation from Kabul, Afghanistan and is offering key financial services both under conventional and Islamic Banking. The Bank has since opened up its Branches at various key locations such as Mazar Sharif, Hairatan, Kunduz, Takhar, Pule- Khumri, Jalalabad, Herat besides opening another five branches at Kabul in Sarai Shahzada, Shar-e-Naw, Karte Naw, Kute Sangi and Lese Maryam. In due course of time the Bank intends to expand its Branch Network in Kabul as well as at other key locations of the Country.
The Management Team of the Bank is comprised of highly experienced and qualified Bankers, Financial Experts, Accountants and Risk Managers with considerable expertise in all aspects of Banking. With the help of such a dynamic team the Bank is in a position to offer specialized skills in a traditional way in all related spheres such as counseling and advising on any financial matter, handling of foreign exchange transactions, handling of investments in a Depository Account, Islamic Banking transactions, Lending/Corporate Banking transactions, SME Lending transactions, Money Transfer transactions, Retail Banking transactions and International Trade related transactions. and is looking for qualified professionals for the advertised position.
The role of compliance officer is to attend the inquiries of DAB, MOF and tax related issues, as well reviewing ACC opened in branches and updating the Customers KYCs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Attending inquiries of DAB, MOF and others related to customers Tax related issues or Freezing of Customer Accounts.
- Reviewing all Accounts opened in Branches.
- Reviewing updated KYCs of Customers.
- Customers High Risk Accounts KYC Updation on Bank vides Basis through liaison with branches & Compliance Officers.
- License, Passport & Visa Expiry (Follow up with branches in case of accounts left operative despite the License, Visa & Passport is expired within the time frame specified through relevant procedures).
- Review and Follow up with branches for Pending accounts.
- Review and Follow up with branch Compliance Officers for submission of Monthly Reports before 1st of each month.
- Consolidation of MIS having Data reported by all Compliance Officers of branches and to be reported to Chief Compliance Officer on Monthly basis.
- Follow-up with Compliance Officers for rectification of Issues as highlighted in the Consolidated MIS.
- Maintaining proper MIS for observed issues.
- Liaison between branches and Compliance department on issues related to Account Opening, Customer KYC Updation process and etc.
- Reporting of any fake documents of customers related to Account opening to AML Unit.
- Reporting of any violation on instructions by DAB, MOF or any regulatory body for any suspicion in any Customer Account to AML Unit.
- Perform any other task assigned by Chief Compliance Officer.
a. University graduate (bachelor) in relevant disciplines such as LLB, economics, business administration, banking & management.
b. Individuals having CAMS (The Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist) certification are preferred.
c. Additional professional certificates and trainings Especially in AML/CFT field shall also be considered.
d. Excellent analytical and reporting skills of LCTR and STR to FinTRACA.
e. Excellent PGP and Info path skills for Preparation of LCTR/STR to FinTRACA.
f. Excellent Microsoft office skills, especially Excel, word, InfoPath & etc.
g. Excellent knowledge in Da Afghanistan Bank AML/PC and AML/CFT laws, regulations, FATF Recommendation and Basel Committee guidelines and other standard setting bodies.
h. Ability to perform Enhanced Due Diligence on Correspondent banking relationship.
i. Ability to perform Enhanced Due Diligence on customers.
j. Ability to response raised queries by Correspondent banks.
k. Ability to Develop AML/CFT Training in light of Regulatory requirement and provide to bank staff.
l. Ability to understand the guidelines and apply them in the work environment.
m. Pro-active and constructive attitude, initiative, self-confidence, excellent analytical and reporting skills and Quick learner.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Qualified candidates should submit their update CV to the mention E-maill Address. Recruitmentfirstname.lastname@example.org
Please clearly indicate (Compliance Officer/Senior Compliance Officer) in the subject of your email.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further recruitment process. However, please note due to the urgency of this position, shortlisting process will be ongoing. Should we find qualified candidates prior to expiry of this advertisement, interviews will be held immediately.