|Date Posted:||Jul 12, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jul 31, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Construction Management,Project Management,Engineering|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
ZNCC is established decades before, supports and successfully completed numerous constructions, electrical, and transportation projects for the US and Afghan Governments. ZNCC has experience of implementing multi-millions energy and construction complex projects. Since our inception, we have developed a trusted and reliable firm by building solid relationships with our clients, employees, suppliers and contractors.
The incumbent will be overall responsible for the construction contracting department. His general responsibilities includes finding potential vendors, suppliers, and local subcontractors to provide services and/or support construction for the Company’s ongoing projects. Further, the construction contracts manager will be responsible to write, evaluate and negotiate contract agreements, terms and conditions, manage amendments and invoice payments to the subcontractors.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Writing, evaluating, negotiating and executing a variety of contracts with suppliers, vendors and local subcontractors.
- Provides support to the Project Manager in the issuance and administration of subcontracts and purchase orders in accordance with Company’s contracting protocol.
- Based on project needs, searching and finding potential suppliers and subcontractors.
- Liaising with suppliers, sub-contractors etc. to produce accurate and competitive quotes.
- Establishing and maintaining working relationships with vendors and subcontractors.
- Management of all subcontractor and supplier change orders and claims.
- Track payments and deadlines.
- Checking and ensuring that all documents and invoices collected from subcontracts are accurate and are as per the contractual requirements.
- Managing contract amendments: reviewing, editing and negotiating contract terms and contracts.
- Preparing policy and procedure for all suppliers and subcontractors for their payments and filling.
- Preparing formats, record and tracking databases for the department.
- Maintaining detailed and organized files of all contract documents and invoices and project correspondence.
- Monitor contractor performance, including the reporting and status of subcontractor and supplier deliverables.
- Monitoring contracts and moving forward with close-out, extension or renewal of contracts.
- Site inspections and maintaining site records.
- Support and guide the project team on contract issues.
- Any other job-related tasks that shall be assigned by top management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or relevant discipline
- 5+ years of recent experience in construction contract management on large and complex construction projects.
- Excellent knowledge in writing contracts in English, Dari or Pashto.
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction contract requirements, contract change conditions and claims analysis and negotiations, change order cost estimates, and time impact analyses
- Well versed in using Ms. Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to research and understand legal and financial implications
- Deep understanding of contracts, contract governance, contractual language and the contract lifecycle.
- Effective communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional attention to detail, and talent for accuracy and precision
- Excellent conflict resolution skills and ability to work effectively in a team with active interaction.
- Significant and professional suppliers’ and contractor’s relationship management
- Problem-solving contract-related issues.