|Date Posted:||Aug 25, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Sep 25, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||8 - 10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||2 Years & 11 Months|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Kardan University:
Kardan represents the most recognizable brand in the education sector in Afghanistan with over a decade of experience in providing primary, secondary, and post-secondary education services. With a focus on innovation and renewal, Kardan has been at the forefront of a vigorous drive to enhance the quality of education offered in the country.
In recognition of Kardan University’s continued advancement, a new campus development was envisioned as a means to consolidate our various locations while providing the capacity required to accommodate our future growth. Kardan is committed to quality higher education and aims to build a world-class campus that will promote collaboration, student engagement, and academic research
We are seeking a qualified individual to serve as the Construction Engineer who will oversee the development of this project.
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
The job description is outlined below:
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the campus development; including safety, project duration estimations, budget planning, scheduling, and resource requirements;
- Engaging with the management board to provide timely reports regarding progress, technical issues, estimations, and costing;
- Development of project schedules comprised of activities lists, anticipated timelines for completion while communicating to relevant stakeholders;
- Reviews project plan to determine efficient utilization of resources and staffing;
- Continually monitor construction schedule, progress and quality in order to satisfy design specifications as outlined by the management board;
- Overseeing the creation, analysis, and execution of contracts to ensure operational and financial performance is maximized while risks are minimized;
- Developing a comprehensive procurement system to ensure efficient and cost-effective sourcing of all related materials and equipment;
- Providing overall project leadership while collaborating with architects, engineers, internal and external stakeholders to ensure the project’s success.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- 10+ years in related Construction Management experience;
- Post-Secondary Education in architecture, engineering or architectural technology or certification in Construction Project Management;
- In-depth knowledge of the construction industry, including building materials, construction specifications, methods and procedures, safety, and quality management practice;
- Professional level proficiency in English, Dari, and Pashto.