|Date Posted:||May 4, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jun 4, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Construction Management,Engineering,Civil Engineering|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Aria Middle East Geo-technical Engineering Services Company:
Aria Middle East Geotechnical Engineering Services Comapany is Construction Material Testing Laboratory established in 2013 at Mazar I Sharif City.
This is Construction related job
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Support Procurement department in procuring construction lab equipment including spare parts
2. Trouble shooting of lab equipment, tools and machinery
3. On the job coaching and training of construction lab technicians and supervisors.
4. The Laboratory Technician will be responsible for Quality Assurance and Quality Control testing of construction material ensure that tests are performed as per defined method and SOPs regulated by the Laboratory and all equipment and instrument are properly maintained and functioning.
5. Perform testing of raw construction material including soil, aggregate, asphalt and Portland cement concrete.
6. Read and understand all analysis and safety standards in English, including ASTM, UOP, IP and other well-defined analytical standards and procedures used in the laboratory.
7. Setting up, adjusting and operating laboratory equipment in accordance with applicable standards and sound laboratory practice.
8. Analyzes construction material as well as Quality Control samples to verify conformity to specifications and documents each test result and maintain neat, complete, and accurate records.
9. Perform analytical tests from in accordance with applicable standards and sound laboratory practice as per approved SOPs.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Balkh
1. Bachelor/Master Degree in Civil Engineering / Geotechnical Engineering
2. At least 5 years of work experience of installation, calibration and conducting tests at the construction laboratory.
3. Excellent communication skills with the ability to resolve issues as they arise
Knowledge of MS office,
Knowledge of inspection and quality control methods, techniques and equipment
Knowledge lab equipment troubleshooting and corrective maintenance
4. Having knowledge of SOPs and ISO certificates, ASTM and AASHTO codes
5. Preferably conducted on the job training for lab technician on the method of installation, calibration, operation and maintenance and conducting tests of construction material.
6. Familiar with reputed and different brands of construction lab equipment, tools and machineries.
7. Approved record keeping and documentation methods, procedures, and techniques
8. Standards and methods of materials testing and materials inspection
9. Be able to deal with a hot working environment
10. Function at high level without distraction during work hours.
11. Learn and implement new and evolving test methods and equipment
Please send your resume to the following email address: