|Date Posted:||Mar 22, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Apr 6, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||4|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||Fresh|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||false|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
The quality control manager (QCM) supervises the development, implementation and maintenance of QC systems and activities. The QCM oversees development and implementation of standards, methods, and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision, accuracy, efficacy and reliability of performance. The QCM coordinates interdepartmental activities, develops budgets and monitor expenditures. The QCM provides guidance to employees on proper procedures. The QCM is responsible for regulatory inspections and findings including all follow-up. Plans and directs activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for corporate processes, materials, and products. Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation, utilizing knowledge in engineering fields such as chemical, electrical, or mechanical. Devises sampling procedures and designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data. Develops and implements methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material and devises methods to assess cost and responsibility. Directs workers engaged in measuring and testing product and tabulating data concerning materials, product, or process quality and reliability. Compiles and writes training material and conducts training sessions on quality control activities. May specialize in areas of quality control engineering, such as design, incoming material, process control, product evaluation, product reliability, inventory control, metrology, automated testing, software, research and development, and administrative application.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1.Read and understand specifications, reference codes and standards
2. Review and interpret Project drawings
3. Review provisions that have been made to provide required control inspection and testing.
4. Perform daily checks to assure control activities, including testing and compliance.
5. Conduct all completion inspections â€“ punch-out, pre-final and final acceptance.
6. Efficient management of project Documents.
7. Check to assure all materials and /equipment have been tested, submitted and approved.
8. Exam the work area to assure that all required preliminary work has been completed and is in compliance with the contract.
9. Communicate and document deficiencies.
10. Conduct required meetings with all interested parties.
11. Ensure full compliance with contract requirements and resolve all differences.
12. To review the specification, design and as-built drawings
13. To inspect construction activities and establish testing requirements
14. To document non-conforming items or conditions and ensure corrective measures have been implemented
2. BS. Degree of Civil Engineering or similar field is required.
3. Must have completed US Army Corps of Engineers Construction Quality Management (CQM) for Contractors course/ the training will be given by Technologists Inc if the candidate is qualified and satisfies other requirements.
4. Knowledge of international standard (ASHTO, ACI Code, ASTM etc), construction materials, laboratory equipments and testing
5. Working knowledge of MS Office packages, Excellent English skills, both written and verbal.
6. Fluent in Dari and Pashto, both written and verbal.
7. Proven organizational, negotiation and problem solving skills.