|Date Posted:||May 9, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 21, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Functional Area:||Construction,Civil Engineering|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About World Vision International :
The World Vision Afghanistan (WVA) has been working in Badghis, Herat and Ghor provinces for more than10 years addressing health, education and livelihood and protection issues to improve the well-being of girls and boys. The relationship with the Afghanistan government at the national, provincial, district and village levels is very strong, as is the relationship with the communities in which WVA works. Together with the government and the communities in the target areas, WVA has been working to achieve its national strategy for improving the survival and well being of Afghan girls and boys through building the foundation for a better future for them, their families, and their communities.
Note:Subject to donors'approval
Ensure that project will rehabilitate small irrigation canals used to capture and transport water from sources such as karizees and springs through short-term employment (cash for work) for community members; building the capacity of households on soil and water conservation; and supporting families, particularly female-headed households to establish kitchen vegetable gardens in Badghis province.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- In consultation with local authorities and beneficiaries, identify sites and target households for water resources construction.
- Hiring of Foreman, daily Skilled and unskilled labor as per needs
- Supervise foreman and daily laborers on day-to-day basis, building their capacity and providing on-site technical support to strengthen their skills
- Supervise to clean small irrigation canals and locally made Karizes
- Development of BoQ, design and implementation plan for Rehabilitation of locally made Karizes (wells)
- Regular site visit base on approved implementation plan and project manager request, including site visit report.
- Submission of technical check list of all construction materials considering quality and specification base on design requirement.
- Ensure safety of labor during construction work.
- Provide proper documentation of construction works as well as labor time sheet.
- Timely reporting to the project manager on progress, gaps, obstacles and challenges of construction work on weekly, monthly & quarterly basis.
- Create and develop a good partnership with communities towards effective implementation of the OFDA II project.
- Develop and maintain good relationships and lines of communication with relevant local communities, explaining World Vision Afghanistan role as an NGO and liaising with them during all phases of the project.
- Monitor and direct the project activities to meet the project objectives in terms of quality of work and within the agreed timelines.
- Develop monitoring plan and checklist sheet with close coordination of M&E team and Work with Monitoring & Evaluation staff to regularly track and report on progress towards WV irrigation construction targets.
- Take all the necessary measures in order to maintain positive working relationships and a good environment, upholding the rule of safety first in order to prevent accidents.
- Mobilizing the communities (including religious leaders) toward program objective.
- At least graduated from technical institute (14th Grade)
- Graduate from Civil Engineering
- 1 year experience of working in construction projects.
- 2-3 years of experience of general construction
- Able to work in a cross-cultural environment with multi-national and international staff.
- Work flexibility
- Ability to manage different task simultaneously.
- Knowledge and experience in construction and excellent understanding of drawing details, BoQ development and construction site assessment/survey
- Willingness to travel throughout the project area required, with familiarity with the project area preferred.
- Ability to engage and mobilise different community groups and leaders is a necessity.
- Must have good attention to detail, all work must be checked.