|Date Posted:||Aug 11, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Sep 11, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Construction Management,Quality Control (QC),Quality Management,Project Management|
|Salary Range:||400 - 450 USD monthlyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Afghan Bureau Collaboration Office (ABCO):
ABCO is a non Governmental organization active in multiple sectors in Afghanistan
A construction supervisor is needed to supervise various minor construction renovation/alteration works at UNOCA (UNAMA) compound in Kabul. Administer construction maintenance and repair services for apartments, workplaces and facilities in the UNOCA compound at Jalalabad road Kabul. Site supervisors shall serve as the ultimate responsible persons onsite. Site supervisor will spend 8 to 9 hours per day for project supervision for the related/assigned job/location construction tasks.
Main duties of the supervisor shall be to manage, coordinate, and monitor the day to day activities of the technical staff and report to the client. Regular reports shall be organized on weekly basis to the client; however, in urgent or special cases, on the spot reporting shall also be implemented to address issues timely and efficiently.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare Bill Of Quantities (BOQ) for various construction jobs
- Prepare cost estimate for various renovation construction jobs
- Receive work orders from client and prompt immediately to arrange fellow workers and subcontractors to immediately start work
- Lead the planning and implementation of projects on site; Ensuring teams work together to deliver quality work to strict deadlines.
- Performing equipment, material, and routine site inspections.
- facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables on project site between the workers and the UNAMA representative;
- define project tasks and resource requirements on site;
- Maintaining contact and email communication with client (UNAMA)
- assemble and coordinate the work of workers with the UNAMA as well as with the project manager;
- manage project resource allocations to the project site;
- plan and schedule project timelines and work orders onsite;
- conducts quality assurance for the services being provided on site;
- constantly monitor and report on progress of certain service tasks;
- present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions;
- implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs; and Project evaluations and assessment of results.
- Order construction material and keep track of material stock
- Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering (Construction)
- More than 5 years of experience in construction projects
- Experience in the Operation & Maintenance (O&M) and Construction renovation works is preferred